• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Tamers

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Just wanted to let you guys know about the official release of the awesome cool new Pdrive clutch kit from Riderz out of Edson Alberta.
It has been developed,tested and run by over 30 riders.

The kit gives you tuneablity to your stock clutching or any clicker style ramp.
The placement of the adjustable weight positions gives you the ability to control your engagement as well as the rest of the power curve.

Here is a couple clips from one of their customers that is out on his 2022 turbo!

Flydanner

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2018
And IiBackshift has the Popeye Arms Joey has been using for a while now. This concept is not that new

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Only thing I can say as a possible negative.

“If” a belt blows the strings with catch the protruding portion of the arm and wreck the clutch.

I know I had it happen on my 2017, with some heel clicker weights. Very very similar protrusion of the arm.

Other than that I’m sure they would work good.

I have also been using Dynamo Joe’s Pop Eye side plate for the past 2-3 seasons. Work good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I called Riderz on Saturday. They said they were working on the website. They said they waited to release until the patents were worked out. They didn’t want to infringe on anybody.
They are hoping for the site to bu updated next week.
How do you contact Riderz?

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Only thing I can say as a possible negative.

“If” a belt blows the strings with catch the protruding portion of the arm and wreck the clutch.

I know I had it happen on my 2017, with some heel clicker weights. Very very similar protrusion of the arm.

Other than that I’m sure they would work good.

I have also been using Dynamo Joe’s Pop Eye side plate for the past 2-3 seasons. Work good.

I asked the guy that sent me the instructions and pics about this. He said they did test different materials and found that the stronger materials were not necessary and they were worried about the same issues you mentioned. That’s why they went with an Aluminum grade.
He then said it proved to be a wise choice. One of the test riders hit a stump and put the belly pan right into the clutch. He said the tamers simply bent over and didn’t break. The test rider didn’t even notice an issue until he went to clean the snow out.
So yeah **** can happen, but so far they said they have not had any issues.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I asked the guy that sent me the instructions and pics about this. He said they did test different materials and found that the stronger materials were not necessary and they were worried about the same issues you mentioned. That’s why they went with an Aluminum grade.
He then said it proved to be a wise choice. One of the test riders hit a stump and put the belly pan right into the clutch. He said the tamers simply bent over and didn’t break. The test rider didn’t even notice an issue until he went to clean the snow out.

Perfect, good to hear.

My heel clicker / belt explosion on my 17 cost $2000-$2500 to get back to normal. Ruined most the primary and the faces of the secondary.

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
So I got my set of Turbo Tamers. Total different sled, bottom end is amazing and it pulls and doesn't hit a wall like the stock setup does. so excited to see what they do in the hills when I get out there, but here at 1500 feet, they are a night and day difference. Sled is a 2021 165 Turbo SP.
I called and talked to the guys at Riderz and they told me to try it with stock clutching, to see the real difference. They were correct. so glad i didn't waste money on other parts.
They also informed me that the Tamers also work on the NA sleds too. my buddy has ordered a kit for his 2019 154X. I will let you know how it works for him.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I have been running that type-ish of bolt on heels for several years, on and off, and if you blow a belt sh_t will happen. The question is how large the pile will be.

A bent heel can crack the post next to it
...and/or can reach and damage the outer sheave on the secondary.
A ripped off heel will ricochet around damaging every clutch sheave it may find in a second.
....I have P-drive and QRS scrap metal on my "shelf of shame" in my shop to prove all 3 scenarios.

Otherwise these heels works brilliantly!!

What we really need is someone manufacturing billet fixed heel flyweights. The Heelclickers for the P-drive works awesome but are powder forged, (at least it looks like they are), for durability reasons I would like identical billet ones.

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
I saw your posts on DooTalk
you seem sore that someone came up with the same Idea and continuded to proceed to production. you actually think you were the only one to come up with this idea?
i also saw your drawings you shared! yeah that big of a heal will break and kill your clutches! kinda common cense , you even said that your prototypes would hit the secondary lol
you obviously didn't do the needed development!
so quit trying to claim something you didn't go through with!
Also no body saw you post till the keyboard warrior shared it just a while ago! you didn't get copied, you just got beat to the punch and also got over engineered

Premium Features