• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo dragon reeds

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Well I have the motor pulled out of my sled to replace a blown intake boot. I was wondering what everyone is running for reeds? Figured since I already have it torn apart now is the time to put something better in, unless stock is the way to go. Thanks

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I would stay with the stock, the aftermarkets don't hold up so well I'm told. Might also want to install the BD intake bracket while your apart. No probs with mine so far with the bracket. Good Luck. EW

McCall2_09176.jpg

McCall2_09182.jpg

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
I will stay with stock reeds then. The intake boot plate is on my list, but I will just make my own. Perks of being a machinist. Thanks for the info.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Boyesen is supposed to be coming out with a "Tubo Reed" for the Poo's now too. Built specificly for turbo sleds, durability and a traditional matl not CF.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Here is a post from Curt @ Fastrax

My 2 cents...thats a "dry" cage-no substantial oil or fuel to help lubricate the petal as it slaps the rubber overmolded cage(no fuel travels through the cage).Lots of friction if you think about it(friction creates heat which is one cause of delamination). Keep your IAT's down and they'll last longer but not for ever!.We are working on a reed cage/throttle body oil injection mod to add some lubrication in that area for longer reed life. No problems with any of the Hart Motor Sports turbos we've done with the liquid intercooler(cooler IAT's than most). We only use stock reeds with a turbo.

curt

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
broken reed 07 TD7

Can you buy just the reed pedals? Polaris has cage assembly w/pedals at $90.00ea..... I talked to Boysen and they have the pedals for turbo application in both fiberglass and carbon fiber.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
the boyseen turbo reed is built out of carbon fiber. Boyseen bought out carbon tech and now is producing reeds made out of carbon techs material. they worked super good in my honda!

R

rschaub

Oct 13, 2009
new underwood sd
reeds

I put a set of turbo reeds from boyesen on my doo late last season and found that they dont work very well at 10 to 15 pounds boost. When i took it apart the reeds were splintered and chipped again. all they did was gave me was a back plate so the reed wouldn't viberate as bad.:mad: still did. after a little research i found out that you don't want a duel reed like they use. So i'm having some made . I'll try and let you know how it works on my doo.

Premium Features