• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel on apex

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
Thinking about doing a tunnel on my apex this summer thinking about doing a van amburg any input pros and cons?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
The only Con I have is the looks. I prefer the clean lines of the CR tunnels on the apexs. Other then that from what I have heard they are great tunnels.

J
Nov 27, 2007
tunnel

I have a van amburg on my sled and the only complaint I have is that he makes the tunnel deeper at the foot wells. this makes the plastic not fit and you have to be creative to get the footwells to mount. julio

R

richyrich

Nov 26, 2007
Mt Baker
I have a van amburg on my sled and the only complaint I have is that he makes the tunnel deeper at the foot wells. this makes the plastic not fit and you have to be creative to get the footwells to mount. julio

Also, In spring snow you better be wearing gortex or your going to get soaked. The way the rear boards are, there is no apron to catch the snow. It seems that Chads tunnel keeps the snow off you a bit more.

Im on my second VE tunnel and I wouldn't change. I really like both guys, but Mike is just over the hill and if I needed something, I know he's going to take care of it.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
VE

I put one on my Apex. Are you running exhaust to the rear. If you are this makes for a tricky install. If your runnig a front mount no worries. I'll try and get some pics up. VE cooling is far better than the CR.

Premium Features