• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tuff Coat or rhino lining

S

slopoke

Nov 11, 2008
Montrose, CO
Need some advice here. Anybody use either of these products to coat the floor of their enclosed trailer. Any issues i.e. durability, traction, cost? Someone told me rhino lining might be slick with snow. How 'bout some feedback. Thanks!

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I did our gooseneck in an off brand and it's been OK (1 yr no tears, two years started to show cuts, three years lots of pull ups and I've gone over several spots) but not anywhere near as durable as my friend who did line x. Good applicator and get it on min 4mm thick (mine was down to 1mm in spots and that is not right) with good prep. If you have oil or gas stains you need to get a wood cleaning chemical and then powerwash the floor. Let it really get dried out before you coat it. CRITICAL for good adhesion.

I would highly advise line x and pay the premium. His has lasted double of mine. They are all slick when frozen! We run a furnace and it also helps to sweep or squeegy the floor when it's wet. When we get a frozen sheet we run a large mr heater by it and in minutes its gone. So far even though it's not perfect its the best solution for sled trailer flooring that I've found.

Treebuster

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2009
X2 for line-X, never had it in a trailer but it definatly outlasts on the truck beds.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i rhino lined my whole 27' trailer, including 8" up the side......when wet, the carbides on the skiis would sink in slightly and the track would just spin, real pain in the rear...then i took some of the ez-glide strips, and laid down two tracks for each side....now the carbides won't sink in and the traction is sufficient that i only rarely have to pull the sled....i did this 3 years ago, and the inside of the trailer still looks new with no damage to the floor at all....and i use my trailer 2-3 times a week.....because there is no water leaking out of the floor of the trailer, the bottom is much better and there is no moisture at the junction of the floor and the sidewalls, which on a non-treated trailer cause perforation of the aluminum sides because there is constantly water at the junction of the floor and sidewalls....i keep my trailer in my rv garage where i can keep it heated and dryed out....if it were outside, i think i'd have to find a way to get a space heater and a fan to it....

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
i have rhino lining on my truck. so just from experience I would say go with line-x. Don't get me wrong, Rhino lining is good stuff, but i have managed to peel it up in a few spots and it is put on way too heavy. line x just seems a lot better to me.

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
rhino lining is sprayed on 1/4 inch thick for the base and 1/8 inch on the sides. I prefer it for truck beds in case you drop something heavy it is less likely to dent the floor. linex would be my choice for a trailer.

Premium Features