• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Truck and Trailer Stolen in Golden

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
Truck and Trailer Stolen

I guess I'll have to start using THE CLUB again on the old steering wheel. Not bullet proof, but will be an inconvenience.

Only problem with the club is it is to easy to just cut the stearing wheel and pull it off.

B
Dec 31, 2007
Was in Golden last weekend too went up to Hope creek on Saturday and there where two trucks with wheel boots on them??? I thought at the time thats a bit overkill.....Maybe not such a bad idea afterall. Really to bad that we need to worry about that kind of crap in a small mountain town. On the other hand I've been going to Golden on a regular basis summer, and winter for over ten years and never had any kind of issue.

Hopfully these guys get busted soon!!

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Should just bait them and sleep in the trailer with the rifle. They would get a rude awakening when you walk them outta the trailer peeking down the barrel of a 7mm. :)

P

prowlerk

Dec 3, 2007
Okotoks
Couldn't agree more addiction!! The only problem with doin that and catching someone is struggling not to pull that fuggin trigger! Buddy got his truck back but no trailer and sleds, they found the truck just outside of Golden. Here you have the privelage of getting to work along side of IM SICK. Good luck! Heading up your way in the next week or so, so I will stop by and introduce.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Definitely put kill switches on the truck. If you really want to make sure that you get it back, put Lojack on it.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I lost a sled in Revy this year out of my locked trailer. I've decide to get a mountain lion and keep him in the trailer.

M5

S
Nov 29, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
haha that last bit about the moutain lion reminded me of the movie Grandma's Boy ...."Why dont you get a dog''......''A dog? no way dude. You can get past a dog but no one will fu<k with a Lion''

X
Dec 3, 2007
Not bashing you Ford owners, but they were talking on the radio as I headed up to Tumbler for a weekend of riding that the SD's were the easiest of all to steal, 30 secs or less and it's gone. Like it's been mentioned already, make it as difficult as possible to steal, the club on the wheel, cut-off switches hidden, take the relays out of the fuse box, unhook the battery cable, etc.
You spent 60K on a truck, 8K on a trailer, probably got 20K + in the trailer, what's 5 mins doing all these things before you lock up and leave it sitting unattended, you may come back to find the locks punched, etc. but at least it's still there, unless of course you don't care.

Premium Features