• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Truck and Trailer Stolen in Golden

P

prowlerk

Dec 3, 2007
Okotoks
Sledder's beware! A friend of mine had his truck and trailer stolen from the parking lot of the Golden Rim right out front!! The truck is a 2006 black Ford Outlaw CrewCab with a 22 foot Charmac sled trailer with "Lead Follow or Get Out of the Way" sticker on the back door. If anyone has seen the trailer or any kind of info contact Mike at (403) 793-0781. Nice thing to wake up to in the morning on a father son trip!!

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Ford Superduty's are too easy to steal and have been for years. Why they wouldn't put a chip in the key is beyond me. Hope your buddy gets his stuff back intact.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Jesus christ, someones gotta catch guys like this and just kill them on the spot. Plead insanity, do a few years in jail for it, and get the pat on the back for doing the world a good deed. Definitly keeping an eye out for ya down here, my sled got jacked a few weeks ago as well. What kinda sleds are we lookin for?
Good luck
Brian

I

IMSICK

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 16, 2007
Canada
One is a 06 Ski doo 800 and the other is a 670...... Chitty part is, the truck was backed into the snowbank on the inside part of the parking lot. Who ever did it, had some work to get the truck out without damaging any other truck around it.

P

prowlerk

Dec 3, 2007
Okotoks
Couldn't agree with you anymore there Coxy!!! This garbage has to stop, it takes alot of fun out of the sport when you can't sleep at night cause your worrying about getting chit stolen! Bad enough it was happening up on the hill now we have to worry about the hotel at night too? This is scary cause i stay at the Rim every coulple weeks for the last 7 years and this is the first time i've heard of anything stolen from there. Will this become an ongoing problem?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
my buddy jost had his ford diesel stolen in vegas, they found it two days latter on the side of some road, gutted like a stuffed pig

police say theivs can steal a ford in less than 30 seconds.... good luck finding them bastards

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
What is it about the SD Ford that makes them so easy to steal?

What is the solution?

I own one, and would like to keep it that way!

Thanks,
modsledr

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Not that I know how to steal stuff but I can drive a ford off in20 sec...All it takes is a slim jim and slide hammer with a big wood screw welded to the end of it...:(

Now as what to do so they cannot steal it?? I take the fuel pump and ecu relays out of the fuse box when I am in a place where I worry about it getting jacked..It will never start without the relay and most thieves will give up before they figure it out.It only takes 30 sec to pull the relay and put it in your pocket or somewhere else in the truck.:)

Sorry to hear about your stuff getting taken...

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
^^^^

AA is right... and it's not just Fords. Even the most incompetant crook can steal a vehicle in seconds. Has to do with shattering the column and using a screw driver to activate the slide. Kinda interesting, kinda sad it's that easy.

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
good idea, my F250 7.3 is going in for some service this week. I think i will get them to instal a switch. It really doesn't matter where it is, the thieves will never hang around long enough to find it.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
^^^^

AA is right... and it's not just Fords. Even the most incompetant crook can steal a vehicle in seconds. Has to do with shattering the column and using a screw driver to activate the slide. Kinda interesting, kinda sad it's that easy.

Dodge for one has a chip in the key. Without that factory key in the ignition or near the column it will crank but won't start. Not saying a professional car thief couldn't get it. What we have with the Fords is a situation where the word has gotten out on how easy it is and all the scum bags are out practising. When Revy was having problems a few years ago it was always Fords.

For several years a Civic could be had with a pair of barber scissors. That's why they always topped the most stollen lists. There is another import right now that can be opened just by knowing where to hit the door with your hand.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Alberta
Had a friend that got his Harley Ford stolen in Edmonton awhile ago. Been hearing it too often lately.

I know is better to be proactive than reactive, but im putting a GPS device on my truck. Wont stop them, but they will get a rude awakening soon after. Just got too much invested in my diesel to let it go that ez.

Anyway hope you find your unit!!!

Yep I would be pretty upset if my stuff went missing like that. I can't imagine how bad it really feels. Hope you find your stuff or at least get most of it back through insurance.

A few years ago I worked at a place that has a 79 Ford as a garbage truck just sitting in the front lot. It was in really nice shape body wise, just ran poorly. It got stolen 2 or 3 times. Never made it far and someone would find it sitting on the side of the road. After that the one mechanic came up with a really good fix for it. He dissabled the crank circuit on the key and hooked it up to the horn. If you tried to start it normally, the horn would blow and the starter would not turn. He took the high/low beam switch on the floor and hooked that up to crank circuit. To get around it you would put the key in the run position, and push the high low beam switch to the floor and it would crank right up. Truck never dissappeared again, even when we left the keys in it.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
great ideas, i will pass on to my ford buddys

i know some guys that will not go with ford guy sledding anymore, it is so common that the ama insurance company sent out a speacial stolen clause to their ford cleints

ford needs to follow the others here, theives are hunting them down

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
You can also wire in a switch that will disable the starter. I have that switch on my truck and it has saved it from being stolen 4 times so far!!!!! Just hide the switch somewhere.

This is a great idea and we have done this on a few cars in the past, my only suggestion is that you wire it to the fuel pump on non-diesels. Starter can be jumped on most cars/trucks with one wire or screwdriver in about 5 secs if you know what you are doing. Secret switch on the 12V switched power wire to the fuel pump. On your diesel this is a moot point since (i'm pretty sure for the Ford diesels anyway) when the key is shut off the power to the fuel pump is cut, otherwise motor would keep running. Or you can wire in a breaker to the main battery power under the hood as well. Lots of ways to do it, main thing is to make thieves spend the time looking, becuz they won't. Hope that you find the truck and trailer.

O
Jan 11, 2008
Red Deer, AB
I was staying at the Rim The night that truck/trailer were stolen. Was standing in the lobby when your buddy came in and told Bev at the front desk that his Rig was gone. My F350 was parked not to far from it........

The next night I was in the lobby and a gentleman was checking in, we overheard him saying they tried to steal his truck downtown at another hotel that night too..... Broke off his door handle trying to get in, but didn't get in.....a friend of mine had his Gas can and skidoo tunnel bag stolen last weekend from the parkinglot of the Rim...could of been worse but still over $300.00 scary stuff.... usually the Rim has been pretty safe in the past....

Dec 6, 2007
Wow....what are these jerkoff's doing with these sleds and stuff, makes a guy wonder when he buys parts from newer sleds where they came from. I had my truck and trailer and sled all stolen a couple years back, but it was in Brandon, MB. SOB's took the truck and stripped it to nothing and burnt it and never found anything else. Worst part was I had it loaded for a hunting trip the next morning so they got my helmet, clothes etc. I've heard some bad stories about the lot by boulder, but what is a guy suposed to do, you can only unhook so many things and use so many chains before your taking all the fun out of it.

Premium Features