• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track swaps a breeze

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Finally picked up my daughter's 146. I think they look awesome. Hadn't seen one until now. Actually like the feel of it better than my 9r that is sitting next to it. You can get further forward where the tank is narrower. 9r is probably as narrow there but footwell stop you from getting there and i don't ride it there anyway. Excited to try it

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Finally picked up my daughter's 146. I think they look awesome. Hadn't seen one until now. Actually like the feel of it better than my 9r that is sitting next to it. You can get further forward where the tank is narrower. 9r is probably as narrow there but footwell stop you from getting there and i don't ride it there anyway. Excited to try it
What color? I stopped my YMS yesterday morning. They had a black one sitting outside and the white inside. It’s a great looking sled. I really like how narrow the seats are. It looks and feels so much smaller than the ascender.

The intakes might be exposed a bit from tree damage but jury is still out on that. I do think it’s a lot better design and snow should not pile up on it.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
What color? I stopped my YMS yesterday morning. They had a black one sitting outside and the white inside. It’s a great looking sled. I really like how narrow the seats are. It looks and feels so much smaller than the ascender.

The intakes might be exposed a bit from tree damage but jury is still out on that. I do think it’s a lot better design and snow should not pile up on it.
The black one outside was hers.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

Intake is night and day better. No flat spot for snow to sit. Even polaris has flat spot. It will probably get tore but someone will remedy that. Gen 4 na had that and i ripped one or 2 but they didn't bog in powder. Just replaced with heavy duty one and then no problems. Not sure on attatch system. Only seem to get 3 out of the 4.
Lined it up with my wife's 9r and everything is packaged tighter or more centralized. Tank is 3 or 4 inches farther forward than 9r and narrower. Running board are a half inch wider on catalyst and 9r has an inch more ground clearance. Really cool sled. Hope they're awesome.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Anyone that ever swapped a track on the proclimb/ascender knows how much it sucked.

Cat made some huge improvements here. From the time I pulled it into the garage to the new track being in, 146-154 swap was 22 minutes. This will easily be under a 30 minute swap for anyone mechanically inclined. No oil mess, no beating the crap out if the brake caliper and there's plenty of room to work.

The most annoying part now is the alluminum nuts that hold the scratchers to the front arm.
I was expecting big things out of Textron and they didn't fail on improvements.Textron has a knack of making things better.

One thing that caught my eye is the drivers, I take it there's 2 not 1 ?

Wondering how it will do in dealing with over flow packing in there?

Not something a lot deal with but some sleds with a center extrovert pack in so tight that it takes a 3 foot ground rod to beat it out because the running boards shake so bad you can't even stand.

Have you had the pleasure of finding any not by choice?

Premium Features