• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Opinions

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Even if it was a 3" lug that folded down to 0 inches, it would still be more surface area pulling snow than a more rigid 2.25. And yeah that deformation and funneling does create lift. That's why they work so well in blower pow.

You seem more fixated on what the vertical measurement of a lug is under static conditions than what it actually does when it's dynamic. It's not a tank tread on gravel.

You have any pics of these permanently folded tracks? My 2.25 is certainly a little more deformed than new but it's also got 2k+ on it. I'm curious how much different the 2.6s are.

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I'm not fixated on static lug hight.
Honestly I just hate the way a folded over track looks.
I will get a pic tonight. But obviously not everyone is having the permanent Fold over problem. I thought there would be more people experiencing this.
But back to the original question as to which track is better overall.
I know alot of people running 2.5 and 3" CE tracks that are very pleased with their tracks.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
If you have a track that is too hard and doesn't fold over a little, you will have a trenching mofo. I am not saying the CE tracks are bad, I just like the way the 2.6 claw works. Maybe I will get it in a condition where I don't like it, but so far so good. The 3 inch will definitely hook up but from what I have seen ski lift can be a problem. That can be remedied with suspension mods, either a transfer block or some sort of a coupling suspension.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I liked the 2.25 power claw on my 09. Would still be on the sled if it wouldn't had stabbed:rain: But I bought a 2.5 CE to replace it. I really didn't notice a big gain on anything, from breaking to deep snow comparing it to the 2.25 claw.
But like I said before... I just don't like how the 2.6 claw has folded tips.
Gives the track the appearance of being far more used than it actually is.
I would think that a lug that has the ability to flex its entire length and return back to straight would be better than a track that has a portion of the lug bent
over permanently.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
To fold or not to fold

I'm not fixated on static lug hight.
Honestly I just hate the way a folded over track looks.
I will get a pic tonight. But obviously not everyone is having the permanent Fold over problem. I thought there would be more people experiencing this.
But back to the original question as to which track is better overall.
I know alot of people running 2.5 and 3" CE tracks that are very pleased with their tracks.

Curious to see the track you are talking about.. Some times abuse like spinning on hard pack or ice or even on a wood deck can cause deformation... Some people think these activities are fun until they realize how much damage happens to the track... I have a challenger track on my 1000 that only has 300 mi. on it and just sitting on the trailer the paddles are folded over.. I know this track isn't much just making a mention of how these tracks react to situations....

S

shanderson62

Sep 12, 2009
bonney lake wa
I have the single ply camo extreme on my 1000. Love it. On the same hill I could stop in the middle where as I took a m8 down with the 2.25 powerclaw and looked like clark griswald with his slicked up saucer sled...

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Well you are the first person I have heard say anything negative about the 2.6 powerclaw track. Every single one I've see doesn't appear to be "permanately" folded over. The track is designed to fold at the tips like many have already said. Hooks up great, doesn't trench, and makes the sled perform as it should. I like the camo extreme too, but the power claw is a much superior track in my eyes. And who cares what the track looks like when it's sitting on the ground? You buy that sled to sit on the concrete or shred the mountain?

Premium Features