• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TPS Wiring bad, now what!

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I had a thread about my engine light, i played with my wires then it went away, today it came back again and i decieded to push on the wires connected to the TPS harness, Thats what it was, now what do i do, Can i buy just the harness and splice it in?

Also with the CFI does it automatically control oil flow, i check my plug color alot because im breaking in the top end and i noticed its lean then it will even out and it will continue to do that, Normal?

Thanks
Grant

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Mule volunteered today to engineer and build us up a real wiring harness for these sleds ... :eek:

But, Polaris DID release an updated TPS pigtail that you splice into the existing wiring harness .... I do not know the P/N off the top of my head however.

I

IQRMK900

Jan 8, 2008
central Iowa
as dogmeat said there is a pigtail available. I had one that they used the pigtail and one that they just spliced and solder with heat shrink. I think the pigtail was 35.00 and 40.00 labor and the other way was around 100.00due to labor rates being diffrent.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Thanks everyone, Thanks Biggdawg for the part number, thats what i couldn't seem to find! Anyone know about the oil pump? it is self correcting i seem to have oil flow then i don't then i do! I've been marking on my bottle where the level of the oil is because of the rebuild and sometimes it goes down sometimes it dosn't! I don't want to burn up my engine!

Grant

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Oil flow is controlled just by the oil pump cable adjustment. Do you have the stock cable still ? My stock cable was replaced once under warranty because of fraying and sticking. The new cable lasted less than one season and the same thing happened. I've got the FBF cable now and no more issues. Also, you may want to bleed the oil pump and lines again just to make sure no air is trapped anywhere.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Does anyone know where i can buy one of the Polaris TPS checker tools besides my local polaris dealer? Everything in my town is marked up 100% so i always buy online! I can't spend 150 dollars for something thats only 50dollars online if you know what i mean!

Thanks

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Gmiller, check the sticky on tps testers at the top of the Polaris section. Cheap and easy to build your own.//http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67427&page=3

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
here is the harness number this is from babbits online

2203165 KIT-HARNESS,TPS (SKU: 2203165) 1 $27.44

This new pigtail will likely have different color wires than original. One needs to be careful when installing to correctly match up as per location with the old TPS plug.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Colin..i just installed the new TPS harness on my 900 like 3 weeks ago..the wiring was the same color but one color was just slightly brighter was all..but worked out great..

GMiller..you cannot buy the polaris TPS tester they had years ago..they no longer make it and the p/n for it is deleted..so you either have to make it yourself..or have your dealer set your TPS for you after you install the new haness...

i built my tool, worked great, had a high idle afterwards, but adj it down and the sled ran excellent..

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Gmiller, check the sticky on tps testers at the top of the Polaris section. Cheap and easy to build your own.//http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67427&page=3

Looks like im building my own! Has anyone had problems with their oil pump after a rebuild, i bled the lines and the pump twice now and it still seems to be acting up, any suggestions?

Thanks
Grant

Premium Features