• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TOOL FOR BELT REPLACEMENT

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I hear its easy to install a new belt with no tools, just get it started and roll the track or give it a little gas and roll it on like a bicycle chain. Sounds easy enough but I haven't done it yet.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
My dealer told me two days ago that this tool was on backorder until JUNE 2013. I sure hope he meant January.

Any aftermarket ones available yet?

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I don't really see why this is needed for $100+

I just put my belt back on in about 5 minutes with a vise grip quick grip clamp (with the jaws set to spread). I put the bottom pulley on, put the clamp between the pulleys, spread them to give tension, then just turned the jackshaft until it lined up. A couple taps with the mallet, then roll the track a few times until the belt seated all the way.

Best part is it was free.

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Ok, here's the deal! I am spinning some up in 7075 aluminum and stainless steel to decide which ones to go with. To my surprise, these "little tools" are not that little. They are plated steel, heavy and actually pretty good size pieces. This design will be lighter, cheaper and will be put on and off with the same wrench used to pull the pulleys on the sled. Why have to carry two tools for this simple job? Once I have a couple sets done, I will test the pulley install and see if it gouges the 7075 aluminum. If it does, I may need to go with stainless. Or not....... One thing we need to remember here is these are basically going to be used in an emergency only situation. They are something that we are going to throw in the tool kit for when/if we break one backcountry. The lighter and easier we can stay, the better. I will keep you guys in the loop, but these should be available fairly quickly. Stay tuned!

Aaron

Last edited:

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Sounds dweet . Pm Me when they are ready I will buy
A set. Thanks adam
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Drive belts

So, is there really a need for spare cogged belts? I thought these were supposed to be bullet-proof? Have people been reporting the cogged ones breaking? There isn't enough storage on a PRO already. Now, we need to have a spare clutch belt AND a spare cogged belt? :face-icon-small-sho

undergroundrmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Craig, Colorado
I have the tool got lucky bought it the day it came in 89.00 plus tax so like 94 total! Total BS in my opinion should get it with the sled no different than a spark plug wrench! At least the chain drive didn't need replaced I have owned at least 20 Polaris sleds and never lost the chain! Is a clean looking system, another slam from Polaris I guess getting used to it!

Premium Features