• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI belt drive

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Well just got done with my first real ride of the season. Snow was ok and I thrashed on the pro hard all day. That includes the TKI gear kit I installed yesterday at a 2.33 ratio. Two words. Holy balls! I am absolutely sold!

I gave it about 200 yards of breakin and then straight into the gnarly wfo stuff lol. We'll see how it holds up.

The riding here is quite steep, and VERY technical. There is no such thing as just pointing it at the hill and pinning the throttle. In any given climb u r on an off WFO 5-15 times as you get jarred off boulders stumps etc and have to recalculate and adjust your aim on the fly. Historically this often means getting bucked off course, turn around go back to the bottom and try again b/c u lose too much momentum and track speed.

Fwiw, this is the lowest I have geared a sled so far. But all of the power is there and I mean RIGHT NOW!!! So many times I was able to just grab a fistful of throttle and braaap braaap keep on motorin uphill. I do not have my suspension setup for much transfer, I like the skis on or close to the snow. This thing can lift the skies on demand when I can hook up which makes it waay easier to cross from one bank to the other in tight ravines. Also makes it a lot easier to get over logs etc that get in ur way.

For the first ride of the year I was taking some lines that I usually wouldnt touch until I have a few rides in an got the rust knocked off. Its just easier. U dont have to worry about maintaining your "head of steam" so much you can kinda pick your way up the hill b/c acceleration is so improved. If u get in a dicey spot u just hammer it and the sled will react immediately whereas before u had to always keep ur track speed up or your screwed lol.

This is at roughly 1000' elevation. Totally stock clutching. Was pulling 8250 rpm all day under WOT, and much better throttle response and acceleration. I did not make any high speed trail runs so I'm sure I got room for some clutching. But low end this thing is a ripper. I've spent thousands of $$$$$ on mods. Bang for the buck I think this is much better than any pipe head reeds piston track etc etc that I've ever done. So simple too, install 15 minutes. I guess I have swapped gears for years... but being this is a belt drive it seems like more of a "mod."

It just makes it so much easier to get around. U can get away with some mistakes and be able to recover, when many times before that woulda meant State Farm just bought a new sled lol...

All in all very happy. Cant wait to get the clutching fine tuned for even more performance!

Last edited:
L

LGR

Nov 14, 2010
UP Michigan
Had to come poking around here Bryce. Its been a long time since i have spent much time on snowest.

It was a good ride, looking forward to the next one.

Mike Honkala

Lomark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2012
Western Washington
Ordered 2.33 kit on Thursday the 8th and still waiting for the shipping confirmation. Hope this doesn't turn into the same BS that Kurt's put a lot of guys thru.
Bryce, What length track are you running?

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
Ordered 2.33 kit on Thursday the 8th and still waiting for the shipping confirmation. Hope this doesn't turn into the same BS that Kurt's put a lot of guys thru.
Bryce, What length track are you running?

I order my kit weds. 1-14 and it just showed up here in Alaska. I didn't get a email that it had shipped but I am super stoked that it made it in less than a week.

T

trestlecreek

Sep 19, 2010
Anyone have pic's? 15 minutes to install... How much? use the stock drive belt or something else?

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
I just did the install last night. More realistic it took about a hour I did use a torque wrench. Very easy install just the bulked bolts are a pain to remove. They are glued in and must torch to loosen. Pulled the can out remove the old gears and install new parts pretty straight forward. I will be testing this weekend.

Premium Features