• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TIMBERSLED ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF UFO SNOWBIKES

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
July 10, 2014

TIMBERSLED ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF UFO SNOWBIKES

<hr style="width:100%;" color="#ddd" size="1">

2227_600.jpg
Justin York on the UFO Snowbike kit

spacer.gif

Sandpoint, Idaho, July 10, 2014- Timbersled released new details today about its' recent purchase of UFO Snowbikes, and all related IP. This comes after UFO’s first successful season of operations utilizing designs spearheaded by Justin York, a former Timbersled employee. Justin has now been hired as part of the Timbersled Design and Engineering Team.
The UFO snowbike kit will be taken off the market for a short time, although Timbersled may offer some current updated versions of the UFO snowbike kit for sale later this year depending on what parts are available after a full inventory of UFO is finalized. Utilizing existing parts inventory, Timbersled intends to service current UFO customers as much as possible.
Timbersled has big plans for the UFO technology, and intends to bring increased efficiency, lighter weight, and higher performance to the UFO platform.

“The acquisition of UFO, and the re-introduction of a more experienced Justin York to the Timbersled Team will allow Timbersled to develop new products at a much faster pace.” Allen Mangum, President and Co-Owner of Timbersled said. “Pushing performance and product innovation is what we do. There are a lot of handling characteristics we like in the UFO kit. This will allow us to bring the best of those traits to current and future Timbersled customers.

New Dealer applications are now being accepted. Dealers are encouraged to contact Timbersled at 208-255-5644, by email- brett@Timbersled.com, or visit their website at www.Timbersled.com

About Timbersled Products
A snow products industry leader since 2002, Timbersled designs and manufactures the Mountain Horse; the ultimate snow conversion kit for dirt bikes, as well as world class snowmobile suspension and performance products. Timbersled sells through its’ authorized dealers worldwide. Headquartered in the North Idaho town of Ponderay, Timbersled has access to the best winter testing areas in the West. Timbersled designs, machines and assembles industry-leading innovative products for the snow power sports rider in its own state of the art facilities.

2014 Timbersled. All Rights Reserved

You may reach them in writing at 416 Larkspur St. Ponderay, ID 83852
Email inquiries: brett@Timbersled.com or on the web at www.Timbersled.com

Acquisition

First of all congratulations Allen and everyone at Timbersled on acquiring UFO.
Bringing Justin back into the fold of the TS family I hope will make TS stronger, better designed, and more efficient. As TS has been the world leader in snow bike production, and design. The innovation and technical brilliance that Justin brings to the table will only make TS, it's array of products and our sport better. Competition in business can be a good thing for the end consumer, however in this case I do not believe it applies, based on location, relationships, logistics, history, design development, financial and myriad of other factors beyond the public eye. Looking forward to the growth and new developments to come from TS and their Team in the future from myself and all TS supporters, "track on!"

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Is there some reason that announcement had to beat up Justin ?

He did more for shocking and waking up the one ski industry than any other kit made . I don't see any signs of taking a suspension off of a sled and bolting it to a bike . There's no WE in this announcement it's I .

It'll be interesting to see the BIG PLANS , since it'll be temporarily taken off the market just when it started making progress .

Congrats Justin , at such a young age you've already made a mark .

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Is there some reason that announcement had to beat up Justin ?

He did more for shocking and waking up the one ski industry than any other kit made . I don't see any signs of taking a suspension off of a sled and bolting it to a bike . There's no WE in this announcement it's I .

It'll be interesting to see the BIG PLANS , since it'll be temporarily taken off the market just when it started making progress .

Congrats Justin , at such a young age you've already made a mark .

relax, after all it wasn't a hostile take over, he did sell his company willingly. Right?

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Justin is a super guy and is already a key part of the Timbersled team. He's involved in new projects and has already shown his talent here. The acquisition has been a positive thing from all aspects, and should be the same for both customer bases. (and for the record, the catalyst for all of this was UFO driven).

Let the speculation continue!
Blaser

M
Jan 14, 2004
Justin is a super guy and is already a key part of the Timbersled team. He's involved in new projects and has already shown his talent here. The acquisition has been a positive thing from all aspects, and should be the same for both customer bases. (and for the record, the catalyst for all of this was UFO driven).

Let the speculation continue!
Blaser

I don't doubt for a second that it was UFO inspired. If I were Justin it's exactly the move I would have made as well. I'm sure he already has a ton of his own money tied up in R&D, going from this point to getting his money back, furthering development and eventually turning a sustainable profit you can live on is the hard part, oh yah then there's the 100 hours a week thing.

Hopefully as a team you guys will create something new and even better. I like a lot of the aspects of the UFO kit but there are some things I don't care for. The same goes for my TS kit.

M5

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Maybe I missed something, but how was Justin "beat up on" in the announcement, especially with a comment like this;

The acquisition of UFO, and the re-introduction of a more experienced Justin York to the Timbersled Team will allow Timbersled to develop new products at a much faster pace.”

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Lets get the UFO Spindle to the market for the Timbersled users. Nobody likes wrecked fork tubes! I'd like to see TS offer a version of that spindle for sale to the general public for the 2014-15 season.

Email me what you like/don't like about each brand of spindle. At Timbersled, we are all about innovation- and specifically building the best product. Everyone's feedback and ideas only help us make changes happen quicker. Any comments you or any others have are welcome and will be discussed in detail in our R&D meetings- and hopefully implemented. brett@timbersled.com
Thanks!

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
They already did that... it's not 12" wide but it uses the cut down standard powder track. Sold out all of them in like .682 seconds.

B
Aug 6, 2012
12" Timbersled 137" SX/LT or 121" aircraft Aluminium or cheaper carbon fiber, or whatever material for the subframe is needed for weight reduction, between 2015-2020 Timbersled can and should outperform two skis from now own, forever. all we need is WIDER TRACKS, MORE POWER, MORE 12"SX KITS, Cheaper Kits, 2 stroke 700s. stop making so many ST kits make 100 - 200 SX kits a year atleast. When all of the above happens Two Skis are going to get DESTROYED head to head on the mountain.

B
Aug 6, 2012
An SX with a TURBO or 100 hp is what all of us want and thats the Billion dollar question Allen, how do you put a turbo on a 10"(12" if they where smart) SX KIT. Its what everyone wants and its what Polaris ect.. would hate.

Premium Features