• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The new Tubie

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Well, I hope it still works now that im done this project!! lol Lots of time chasing wires end to end. no lights, no sensors, no nothing, just regulated power feeding the ecu and a tach input (hurray for fixed timing curve). dess key, reverse button and kill switch are all that are left. gonna replace with new wires the right length for final install!!

this is the WHOLE wiring harness. now all i do is tap into my main 12v DC wire to hook up my accsories. still some little parts to clean but its mostly done.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Well, I hope it still works now that im done this project!! lol Lots of time chasing wires end to end. no lights, no sensors, no nothing, just regulated power feeding the ecu and a tach input (hurray for fixed timing curve). dess key, reverse button and kill switch are all that are left. gonna replace with new wires the right length for final install!!

this is the WHOLE wiring harness. now all i do is tap into my main 12v DC wire to hook up my accsories. still some little parts to clean but its mostly done.
2012-12-04_22-37-46_929.jpg

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Why does it seem the engine is mounted high in the chassis?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
because they ARE mounted rather high in the chassis.we try to keep the center of gravity a little higher then most sleds, as well as everything centralized in the engine bay area, makes for much better handling.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the polaris Pro engine mounted fairly high as well.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the polaris Pro engine mounted fairly high as well.

Not profoundly higher then any other sleds. we run probably 2" higher then most sleds. The nice thing is the large area under the motor is conveniently used to mount things like ecu, fuel pump, etc and really hide most of the underhood clutter. with only a small bundle of wiring running up for gauges and controlls.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
because they ARE mounted rather high in the chassis.we try to keep the center of gravity a little higher then most sleds, as well as everything centralized in the engine bay area, makes for much better handling.

For our style of riding.

If you are a trail monkey you want the center of gravity low.
I feel after playing with these, the higher center of gravity helps this sled hold a side hill.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
waiting for the metal shop to get our gas tank mold back all bent up but in the mean time i put some of my suspension together and we started shaping some ABS for a nose cone hood type thing, round 1 wasnt the greatest as it was our first shaped peice ever, but got a good feeling how to do it a LOT better for round 2!

K

kyle28

Jun 26, 2012
Bigfork Montana
Awsome build!!! these sleds are amazing and keep the pics coming. we are thinking of doing these this upcoming summer.Also would u mind if we stoped by on our way down to cooke this yr to check them out?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
carbon is all hand layed into the mold.

as for stopping by and taking a look, feel freed to PM me or josh when your coming through and can show you the toys at the shop.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
got the new gas caps in today... they are pretty slick. also got the mold built and prepped up last night, should be popping a tank shell out tomorrow morning!

2012-12-14_10-12-28_374.jpg

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Wow. Man i wish i could do this. Do you guys use a cad program to design it kind of or just start doing stuff? Are one of you guys an engineer, and the other a welder? What is the thickness of the tubing on the chassis? How do you guys bend the tubing did you buy a fancy bender build one? Also what kind of tube notcher do you use? I would love to do this some day. Also what kind of wire do you weld the chromoly with? Were do you guys but your metal from. Sorry for all the ?s if you don't want to post it up on hear go ahead a pm me the information if you would. I would like to do a project like this some time. Would be fun.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Are one of you guys an engineer, and the other a welder?

LOL, when josh and myself met and started working on stuff together he had just bought a TIG and I was in school for mechanical engineering, so i guess in a way that would be a correct statement.

Lots of optimism, hard work and tons of time is what gets us to where we are. We try to take everything that the factory does that works good and push everything together where practical mass production may not be possible but pure performance is what we end up with.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well, been working in the shop late every night, made some progress! my engine is fully wired, just need to put a reverse button on the bars then thats all done. just the fuel pump and i can start it. Got the second gas tank sealing up as you can see in the side of one picture.

2012-12-20_22-09-11_975.jpg

2012-12-20_23-04-09_675.jpg

Premium Features