• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Terra Alps Racing ????

B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
But, on another unrelated note, Kmod is great to deal with and i'm really happy with their skid with Raptor shocks. Suits my riding alot better then the EZ ryde that was in it.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I guess we're seeing a reoccuring theme here???? I just find i hard to believe that a company can operate like this. I was really hoping it was just an isolated incident but when you cannot even get them to chime in and say anything, what else does one think?????

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I guess we're seeing a reoccuring theme here???? I just find i hard to believe that a company can operate like this. I was really hoping it was just an isolated incident but when you cannot even get them to chime in and say anything, what else does one think?????

i have nothing against terra alpps but there has been a ton of these threads on a bunch of differnt forums.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
lesson learned, do a search snowest or google before buying from a vendor you've never purchased from before. There are plenty of threads and stories about this vendor out there.

I have no dog in this hunt just saying that search is your friend.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I tried contacting terra alps on Facebook and actually got a reply! Gave them the order info on the products we never recieved and have not heard from them since "week ago". I wouldn't buy a spark plug from this company!

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Wow, glad I held off on a "too many beers-on-a-Friday-night" impulse purchase from them a few weeks back…
Although I'm only a few hours away and go there for work, so easy enough to have a face to face visit..

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
Wow, glad I held off on a "too many beers-on-a-Friday-night" impulse purchase from them a few weeks back…
Although I'm only a few hours away and go there for work, so easy enough to have a face to face visit..

Please go and have that face to face...then come back and tell us your story. For me, I found his shop while looking for a throttle cable I had break while on a trip in that area, he sold me a used one and to tell you the truth I was so happy I didn't pay any attention to the price till I got home and bought a new one. He had charged me twice the price of new...oh well. What really struck me wrong was when I was very interested in a motor package he did more bashing of the other guy's than I have ever been around. I had really forgot about it till I read his post here, yep thats the same guy. I have been around lots of guy's who's **** doesn't stink but they usually back it up and rarely own a shop and if they do someone else deals with the customers.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Maybe just a glitch but tried to get their website and this is the response:

This webpage is not available

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
Seen a couple of his motors run and run well but his customer service is ****. My Bro need a part off him this fall took forever to get ahold of. Ended up getting ahold of him on the Terra Alps face book page. Buyer beware!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Maybe just a glitch but tried to get their website and this is the response:

This webpage is not available

There website is still up and running and still to this day, no response, no excuses, no explanation, no apology.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
didn't they refund your money and cancel the order , sound like they don't want to do business with you and I doubt you want to do any thing with them just let it go . life is to short. move

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
didn't they refund your money and cancel the order , sound like they don't want to do business with you and I doubt you want to do any thing with them just let it go . life is to short. move

I think your kinda missing the point here, especially if you read everything. I did move on after being very patient and willing to listen and understand anything from them, which turned out to be nothing.

This thread is simply to inform fellow riders / friends of the experiance I had with this particular company. After starting this thread, it seems this company has a history of this type of customer service, which is evident by the amount of others documenting their experiances. By allowing others to review and see this sort of information, it allows people to potentially avoid a frustrating situation.

If it helps one person out and or brings light to a certain company and they change their ways, I think it's probably worth the time to discuss.

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
^^^^^^
This has been discussed over and over again with same results over the past few years.
If you would have did a search you would have seen this .
No sense in beating a dead horse and move .
Cheers

Last edited:
H
Nov 26, 2007
Close to Mountains
FATDOGX
Poor service and horror stories? or just what the followers of other companies say.
If your considering et stat kit, go for it, They are not the same! Totally different. Terra Alps did the test of stat kits years ago to show consumers real products built and tested.
http://www.terraalpsracing.com/product/thermostat-kits

Terra Alps designs and builds all there parts. Copied by others like pf which copies avid and rox etc... don't need to support that.
Funny how story changes dave.
max we use to work together I did testing etc... but when my designed parts with another name on it were sold to people that owed me money that ended that relationship.

Cheers,

Poor service is right. He does midnight moves to skip paying his rent. Owes PF a bunch of money. No supplier will sell to him because he doesn't pay his bills. Just ask anyone in aftermarket in Western Canada. No one will deal with him. On the mountain they call him "TOW ROPE TED" as all his stuff breaks down and he has to get towed back to parking lot. LOL
Have another drink Ted. LOL

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Exposé the scammers!!!!!
Guys like that must just hate hate hate the Internet.
Too bad.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
I drive right by where his shop was on McCurdy all last year. His sign is still up on the outside of the building. Inside is a different story there is a sheet metal business in that space now!! I would think old tow rope has been evicted, lease up, midnight move but he's long gone from his recent place of business.

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
So in other words, he is out of the biz? Tried to send emails and contact him on fb. No luck, but i found other people to buy from anyway so no biggie.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
So in other words, he is out of the biz? Tried to send emails and contact him on fb. No luck, but i found other people to buy from anyway so no biggie.

That's a good question??? Even when they were in business, that was happening. Drive on !!

Premium Features