• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Terra Alps Racing ????

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
So does anyone have any info or know what the deal is with Terra Alps Racing???

I spoke with them a week ago and ordered 2 thermostat kits. Since then, I tried calling them, to get a tracking number and no answer on several times. Now I tried calling tonight and I get a message that the number is disconnected!!!

????????????

So does anyone have any info or know what the deal is with Terra Alps Racing???

I spoke with them a week ago and ordered 2 thermostat kits. Since then, I tried calling them, to get a tracking number and no answer on several times. Now I tried calling tonight and I get a message that the number is disconnected!!!

????????????

if you havent sent him any money DON"t . pretty poor service there and lots of horror stories . engine tech had the same kits

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Ted can build some really nice stuff...Problem is he doesn't follow through with orders. Same exact thing happened to me about 3 years ago although he never charged my card. It was about an $1,100 order. Waited 4 months and finally gave up.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I was little afraid of this happening.........

After I did a little research and found some negative reviews but nothing recent, I decided to call them and to my surprise, he called me back. Spoke with him over the phone and ended up placing an order but now nothing. No product and no answer on the phone, but no charge on my card which is good!!!

Kinda sucks, but guess their loss???????

Anyways, anyone have more info on Engine Tech???

Thanks

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Engine tech was one of the more popular big bore builders back 10 years ago before the turbos took over. Had one of their billet 1160 motors. He also designs and builds his own pistons. Haven't see much of them in the last 8 years, but made great products and had great service back then. Ted at Terra Alps did a lot of engine tech motors.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Thanks for the heads up guys, I should have clarified that I was in the market for the thermostat kits for the Pro RMK.

T
May 22, 2010
Kelowna BC
FATDOGX I assume this is Jim? from N Dakota that ordered a couple thermostat kits, Terra Alps did charge your card and ship out. Since you seem to have an issue with Terra Alps Racing. Terra Alps will refund your card and return the shipping on stat kits. No Problem, Someone will appreciate the good parts built. Might not have shipped out same day, been busy, machining parts, trying to get some hunting in, family etc... No snow anyways.
Poor service and horror stories? or just what the followers of other companies say.
If your considering et stat kit, go for it, They are not the same! Totally different. Terra Alps did the test of stat kits years ago to show consumers real products built and tested.
http://www.terraalpsracing.com/product/thermostat-kits

Terra Alps designs and builds all there parts. Copied by others like pf which copies avid and rox etc... don't need to support that.
Funny how story changes dave.
max we use to work together I did testing etc... but when my designed parts with another name on it were sold to people that owed me money that ended that relationship.

Cheers,

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
FATDOGX I assume this is Jim? from N Dakota that ordered a couple thermostat kits, Terra Alps did charge your card and ship out. Since you seem to have an issue with Terra Alps Racing. Terra Alps will refund your card and return the shipping on stat kits. No Problem, Someone will appreciate the good parts built. Might not have shipped out same day, been busy, machining parts, trying to get some hunting in, family etc... No snow anyways.
Poor service and horror stories? or just what the followers of other companies say.
If your considering et stat kit, go for it, They are not the same! Totally different. Terra Alps did the test of stat kits years ago to show consumers real products built and tested.

Terra Alps designs and builds all there parts. Copied by others like pf which copies avid and rox etc... don't need to support that.
max we use to work together I did testing etc... but when my designed parts with another name on it were sold to people that owed me money that ended that relationship.

Cheers,

Terra Alps , got your Pro Thermostat last year ,shipped right away ( a day or two ) works great , i added a front tunnel cooler and with the two mods i run a steady 130F.
Thanks

Last edited:

Cheers,
nope horror stories and poor service are very close to personel /riding buddy with a skidoo bb

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND

Cheers,

First off, yes this is Jim, the one from North Dakota.

To set the record completely straight, I tried a called several times prior to 11/02/14, which was the day the order was placed. I also sent a message through the Terra Alps website, which in turn I received a call back on 11/02/14. After a good conversation, I decided to order two kits and was told they were in stock and be sent out.

On 11/05/14 I tried calling back to get a tracking number and ask a couple follow-up questions reference another product......no answer and no way to leave a message. From that point, I sent another message through the website and tried calling several different days during different hours of the day, with no luck. Obviously anyone would get a little frustrated.

On 11/09/14, I tried calling again and to my surprise I get a message that the phone number is disconnected?????? Obviously this raises an eyebrow, concern or whatever you want call it.

After that I decided to post here on snowest to see if anyone else had any more information.

Now that I see the parts a have been shipped, that's great but please don't have an attitude towards me for simply wondering what was going on.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I know I'd question too if the phone was disconnected after I placed an order.

T
Sep 1, 2009

Cheers,

What a crappy way to run a business, Youd be surprised what 5 minutes taken to record a message for callers can do when your busy and cant take a call.

With a response like the one you posted above you could write a book titled " How to drive customers to your competitors doorstep".

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
UPDATE-------------

I really don’t know what to do anymore??????? Honestly all I wanted was to give these guys some business and I cannot believe how this has gone. I have been patient and understanding but I get nowhere.

Here’s the cliff note version of basically what has transpired.

Prior to 11/02/14 I tried calling Terra Alps several times but every time I called, no answer and no way to leave a message. I finally sent a message through their website and on 11/02/14 I received a call back. I had a good conversation and I ended up placing an order for two of their thermostat kits. They said the kits were in stock and would go right out, which was great!!!

11/05/14, 1130 am, I called back to get a tracking number and some information on another product of theirs, but no answer.

11/05/14, 12:30 pm, called but no contact

11/06/14, 12:00 pm, called but no contact

11/08/14, 5:50 pm, called but contact

11/09/14, 7:55 pm, called and received a message that the number was disconnected!!

11/09/14, 9:00 pm, posted on Snowest to see if anyone had any additional info on Terra Alps and may know what was going on.

11/12/14, Post made by Terra Alps on Snowest (see above post #10). They stated that my card was charged and the items were shipped, which was great!! I have no problem waiting for a product, especially if someone is having problems or issues.

11/13/14, I responded to their post on Snowest, explaining my positon and thanked them for getting the items out.

11/17/14, I sent a message through Snowest to Terra Alps asking for some kind of update, which I received no response back.

11/30/14, I checked my credit card statement and seen that on 11/11/14, 9 days after the order was placed, my card was charged but then on 11/12/14 it was refunded. So on 11/12/14 they say the items were shipped but then they refund me????

11/30/14, 10:41 am called them but no contact and no way to leave a message.

11/30/14, I also sent another message to them via their website, which no response to date.

12/01/14, 1:00 pm, called again but no contact

12/02/14, 1:30 pm, called again but no contact and still no way to leave a message.

I know this really doesn’t look good but honestly if there is something majorly wrong or going on, I understand but couldn’t they at least attempt to contact me and explain?????

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
If he refunded your money after he "shipped" your order, that shows he didn't send your order. You'll be much happier if you just move on.

B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
TRUST ME!!! Move on. Find another dealer. I dealt with Ted on a Kmod skid last year and i ended up calling Kmod to get answers. Got it resolved, but sure was wondering where my $3500 was for over 3 mths. My parts weren't ordered from Kmod for almost 3 mths AFTER i paid for them i found out. lol It'll be still tough to not knock him out for stress and interest if i ever meet him. Oops, inside voice...lol :doh:

Premium Features