• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Temps are finally down, Time to Ride the Dunes!!

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Riding lil Sahara this Saturday if anyone wants to join us, the temps got up to 85 last weekend

Acmtncat - i got some spare paddle tires if you need one, 18 or 19?
Bossrev - its mid august dude, dont be a lier!!!:mad:
Chub - sorry dude i totally forgot about the brackets, will send tomorrow, and its time to ride!!
Phatty - can white thunder come out and play?
Madmax - its time to ride, or did you throw out your back crawling around that 4' high trailer;)
Kev - i got some spare utility paddles if you want to use them, they fit a Grizzley:beer;

Dirt has nothing on Sand!!

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Hatch,

1st. Sands for the Pu$$ies that cant handle getting banged up on the the dirt. Going to the Sand Dunes is like spending you whole day at Tower.:rolleyes:

2nd. What Days I have taken off have been spent with my kids, you will understand in about 6 or 7 months Papa.

3rd. I will have a new Thoroughbred in the stables soon enough.

4th. I still wont go to the dunes refer to #1.

:D

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Hatch,
I will have a new Thoroughbred in the stables soon enough.

whatcha gonna do with a horse?

and um, i can only ride down the same trail so many times (i need a nap after a long day of berry picking and trail riding).....it gets old, sand is like POW in regard to "you pick your own line and make chooses".....besides, a good crash on sand dont hurt as much and i get right back up and ride in a few seconds

i understand if you're afraid of riding with us grownups, its ok, you got company with timmy and his 50cc scooter bike.....lol

Last edited:
K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Last morganminimoto race saturday night, so no go for me, otherwise I would be interested.

I would like to meet some new friends and ride in the near future though.

Maybe in a few weeks?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Last morganminimoto race saturday night, so no go for me, otherwise I would be interested.

I would like to meet some new friends and ride in the near future though.

Maybe in a few weeks?

I want to go to morgan for the mini motos!!! havent made it back up there yet!

I am off to california this weekend or i would ride the dunes!

Hatch/Others you gotta start riding Monday/thursday afternoons up AF canyon! Im usually up there unloading around 5.
Nothing like 4th gear pinned flying through pine trees when you cant even see the trail! Thats a rush!!!

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Ray you and big Jake are cracking me up! Good stuff. Phatty did the fishing get any better?

Ray im working this weekend...I would like to see those Paddles though:rolleyes:

Last edited:
G

girlpowder

Hatch/Others you gotta start riding Monday/thursday afternoons up AF canyon! Im usually up there unloading around 5.
Nothing like 4th gear pinned flying through pine trees when you cant even see the trail! Thats a rush!!!

Oh yeah!!!!! I've seen ya do it. Holy crap, what do you do when you can't hear another bike coming the opposite direction???
We have our bikes in the garage and I still can't find a sitter. I might have to start going to church or something. NOT!!!!!
BTW you all got my heart a pounding when we could hear bikes coming. I had a sense of rush just getting the freak off the trail.:eek:

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Kev - jacob is just mad cuz im a free man still (no kids)

Phatty - 4th gear up the tibble fork road?....damn, that yami must have 10 gears, im selling the 450X today and the stiff suspention on my 450R is a back breaker on those rocky roads, i still like to drive up to cascade springs so im only a few minutes on ATV trails till i get to the single track stuff

sleadhead - yes the wife has a future rockstar in the oven, and im pretty sure its mine:face-icon-small-win......you guys ride ATVs or Bikes?

Chub - im in the SLC office today and tomorrow, let me know if i should send the brackets via FED EX or jsut give them to you this weekend

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Well if Kev goes, I'll go.

Kev, where's your big buddy from down south(S.F.)
been hiding all summer?

Ray I ain't mad atcha, just jealous. Winters coming and I will be singing a different tune for sure.:D

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Oh yeah!!!!! I've seen ya do it. Holy crap, what do you do when you can't hear another bike coming the opposite direction???
We have our bikes in the garage and I still can't find a sitter. I might have to start going to church or something. NOT!!!!!
BTW you all got my heart a pounding when we could hear bikes coming. I had a sense of rush just getting the freak off the trail.:eek:

yea i have to appologize for that! we didnt mean to run you off the trail... its just that particular section is about the only section you can really open the bike up and stretch the legs, and i love cracking the throttle wide open!

I got some helmet cam footage of a near wreck with a moto biker up there... and some footage of me blowing a corner... hahaha i still have scars from that one! More often than not its the mountain bikers who hear us coming but refuse to get off the trail that cause the real problems. If i see them i will get out of there way for sure!

Come up and ride with us anytime (yea you can bring the hubby too!) usually its just me and jared (the other guy on the white yzf450.) We can stick to the south trails for ya!!!

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Hatchers: Have wheelers but have gone to the dark, dustless and more technical side to bikes.

Phatty: you ridin tomorrow (Thurs.). I'm up for a tour. I was going in for new rubber tomorrow so let me know. I can meet at which ever TR at 5:00. Dirt bike 240 LBS. with noise VS. MT bike 19 LBS. nearly silent = I think I would move if I were them. PM me
Ron

BTW; going thru a Tax audit and could use some stress relief. AARRRG

Last edited:
K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Boss man the big fella has ALOT on his plate, been kinda stressed lately. Wish it would snow so Ray would put all the damn sand toys away. All these turbos...I know a sweet m7 T for sell someone buy me lunch and Ill tell ya where:face-icon-small-win

WFO

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
West Jordan, UT
Phatty - 4th gear up the tibble fork road?....damn, that yami must have 10 gears, im selling the 450X today and the stiff suspention on my 450R is a back breaker on those rocky roads, i still like to drive up to cascade springs so im only a few minutes on ATV trails till i get to the single track stuff

Hatchers - You are spending way to much windshield time when you should already be unloaded and riding single track from the asphalt! You need to get up there with the walking topo map, also known as "Phatty!"

Sledhead/Girlpowder - I'm glad you were wise enough to get out of the way. I can't say the same for the Mtn Bikers and Hikers though. It doesn't make much sense to me. I'm stuck in Wyoming til Monday. Lets get a ride planned for Wed or Thurs. We had a new to single track lady with us last Sunday and had a blast! Lets do it!

jw

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
I'm not going to be able to make it this time. I forgot we had plans to go to the Thunderstruck premir that night. Were heading up to St. Anthony's in a few weeks if ya want to go.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Sledhead/Girlpowder - I'm glad you were wise enough to get out of the way. I can't say the same for the Mtn Bikers and Hikers though. It doesn't make much sense to me. I'm stuck in Wyoming til Monday. Lets get a ride planned for Wed or Thurs. We had a new to single track lady with us last Sunday and had a blast! Lets do it!

jw[/QUOTE]

Wed. sounds like a plan. Thurs. is back to school night. We'll get working on a sitter. I have a couple buddy's that usaully ride on Wed. eves up AF. They are a couple egomaniac nut jobs that do nothing but see how much trouble they can get into. I'll do my best not to let them know we're coming. Although, if you need entertainment they're good for that. My wife GP is a newbie, but holy crap she rocks. She tries so hard to keep up with me sledding that I knew she would rock on a bike. I've had her in some pretty nasty places where you just can't and don't want to turn back. If you can bring another girl she would be stoked. Let me know if Wed. works.
Ron

Premium Features