• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Temp. sensor seized in can

S

summit8909

Feb 10, 2011
MB
My Tempature sensor is seized in my can (the thing), Can i apply much heat to the bolt holding it in to try and release it? or any other cleaver ways to get the sensor out? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
Heat would defenetly free it up but I would be a little concerned about wrecking the censor. I would try some penetrating fluid first and see if it helps. I have seen a product that comes in a can that you can spray on the censor that will freeze it and may free it up. If none of these solutions work than resort to heat.

R

Rev-olution

Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba
Use a bit of heat on the fitting it threads into. The sensor is made for high heat. Keep the flame off the wiring. make sure you have a good wrench so you don't round off the corners.

W
Nov 6, 2011
Rock Springs, WY
Try some kroil. That stuff is the best!!! I use it on all sorts of high temperature hardware on turbine engines.

If that won't work, seat the sensor bung. Don't try heating the sensor, that will defeat the purpose of heat.

I install mine with a little nickel antiseize so this won't happen to me.

Premium Features