• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

team secondary

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

northof40

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
I never have clutch temps because every infra-red reader I have tried doesn`t really work on the sheaves.

I can hold a hot potato in my hand. Can you?

Seriuosly though, they FEEL good when I check and I have high expectations.

If you want to pick the temp up with IR put a piece of black electrical tape on the sheave and go off of that point, I could go into the details of why but that will put you to sleep lol. This is what you would do with an IR camera to avoid false readings so I assume it would work with the IR temp readers.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
temp reader

a dash of flat black primer on clutch's and heat exchanger, then you can get good acurate reading / compare and have goood numbers. Out tuning, I write the temps on the piece with sharpie, clean it all up later with a little brake clean. WAS Eye balling cat race sled for tuning hints. Was great, they had all jetting, clutching, gearing, springs written on or next to parts. Easy for tech to know what change was coming next. Maybe not kosher for trailer queens.

T
Dec 25, 2011
Tied Team

I've had a Team Tied on for a couple of weeks or more.

I'm not going to talk about performance because it would lead to BS.

I will say it feels electric (pick a thumb position and the r's stay the same no matter what terrian is going on under the track) and I immediatly felt-imagined the sled was smoother through the bars.
Initially because I was taking it easy, I thought I was going to be too heavy on the primary set-up (same as I set with the stock secondary) but after riding some and starting to put my thumb into it, all was good for me.

I picked my starting point (73-57/59 .46; red/blk 140/240) because I ran the red/blk in my 153" M-sleds and liked it, this is the set-up for 155" Poos, and a phone call to Team.
I use the 59 side and have't experimented yet because it feels good (I'd really like to say awesome LOL). I ride between 4000 and 6000 but haven't had anything REALLY deep yet.

My primary is set-up with a "only me" set-up of very light spring and MDS weights. So remember apples to apples.

I am a flatlander and have no interest in engaging in arguements or causing contraversy either. I have been testing a variety of different combos with the factory clucthes. Mine is a short track Procross 800. I am fully aware of the differances between the M and Proclimb set ups compared to mine but I would like to add, for what it is worth, that nothing I tried cut down on the heating issues with my sled like installing the tied team. Sanding the set of clutches did alot as the heat is obviously from slippage caused from many things. I would say altough there is merit to the vibration thing after installing the frog skinz vents, sanding the clutches and installing the tied team there is nearly no heat on long back to back pulls. Of course you hill guys really would torture the belt more than I would.

In MY case "so far" I have found a 77/59 .46 and a Blk/red spring works good but it seems a bit much on the bottom and would like a 75 to try but thats all I had. I tried a red/ blue and a red/ black and personally prefered the blk/red.

Like you said overall performance results are there, I do not want to cause a pissing match but on the 800 short track that single change (tied team) made +5 MPH in the differance for me on the top end in 1500 ft. I swear by the tests as well. RPM's were kept the same, time frame (with in 1/2 hr).....everything....I would actually include to you that even when I purposly heat soaked the sled it was still 3mph faster than the stock clutch. I have a Speedwerx pipe I am going to install and set it up now that I have a baseline. Good Sledidng guys.:canada:

Last edited:
I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I've had a Team Tied on for a couple of weeks or more.

I'm not going to talk about performance because it would lead to BS.

I will say it feels electric (pick a thumb position and the r's stay the same no matter what terrian is going on under the track) and I immediatly felt-imagined the sled was smoother through the bars.
Initially because I was taking it easy, I thought I was going to be too heavy on the primary set-up (same as I set with the stock secondary) but after riding some and starting to put my thumb into it, all was good for me.

I picked my starting point (73-57/59 .46; red/blk 140/240) because I ran the red/blk in my 153" M-sleds and liked it, this is the set-up for 155" Poos, and a phone call to Team.
I use the 59 side and have't experimented yet because it feels good (I'd really like to say awesome LOL). I ride between 4000 and 6000 but haven't had anything REALLY deep yet.

My primary is set-up with a "only me" set-up of very light spring and MDS weights. So remember apples to apples.

Hey Geo.. I was talking to the guys at team and they are currently using the 70-57-46 with a red/blk but say they have very little testing in due to no snow. What do you think?

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
well i bit the bullet and took one for the "team" here.... have a tied on the way overnight shipped so i can put the spurs to it this weekend and there is going to be 3-4ft of snow so i will know a lot more on monday. also have a proto ultimax xs belt to try. FYI i got a 20 tooth upper gear from team also. my dealer is currently working the sled over and talking to cat to see what they can figure out so i plan on running it that way then switching to the team tied on the hill and hoofing it as hard as i can. next day i will repeat with the 20 tooth upper gear and see where that gets me. my dealer kicks a$$ so hopefully cat helps them figure some things out. When is cat sending me my r&D pay check?

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Who did you get it from??? What elevations are you riding? Cost?

S
Sep 25, 2011
I am a flatlander and have no interest in engaging in arguements or causing contraversy either. I have been testing a variety of different combos with the factory clucthes. Mine is a short track Procross 800. I am fully aware of the differances between the M and Proclimb set ups compared to mine but I would like to add, for what it is worth, that nothing I tried cut down on the heating issues with my sled like installing the tied team. Sanding the set of clutches did alot as the heat is obviously from slippage caused from many things. I would say altough there is merit to the vibration thing after installing the frog skinz vents, sanding the clutches and installing the tied team there is nearly no heat on long back to back pulls. Of course you hill guys really would torture the belt more than I would.

In MY case "so far" I have found a 77/59 .46 and a Blk/red spring works good but it seems a bit much on the bottom and would like a 75 to try but thats all I had. I tried a red/ blue and a red/ black and personally prefered the blk/red.

Like you said overall performance results are there, I do not want to cause a pissing match but on the 800 short track that single change (tied team) made +5 MPH in the differance for me on the top end in 1500 ft. I swear by the tests as well. RPM's were kept the same, time frame (with in 1/2 hr).....everything....I would actually include to you that even when I purposly heat soaked the sled it was still 3mph faster than the stock clutch. I have a Speedwerx pipe I am going to install and set it up now that I have a baseline. Good Sledidng guys.:canada:

Great info. What are you running in the primary?

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Who did you get it from??? What elevations are you riding? Cost?

got it straight from the source shipped from Jason at Team..riding 3500-7000k ft in deep pow...cost is less than the five belts iv roached so far:face-icon-small-win listed for $299 but apprantly the helix and spring are extra:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features