• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swapping engine from aggressing chassis to wedge

C
Nov 10, 2019
I am swapping a polaris ultra engine into an xlt. I had pipes on my xlt and have blown it up about 3 times and am sick of it. Yes i learned my lesson. I have a complete ultra spx and want to take motor out ant put it into the xlt chassis. I roughly measured the engin bays and i know i can get it to fit just not 100% sure what sorta fitment issues im gunna have. I know the exhaust is going to take some persuasion and carbs look like they sit lower. That is all i noticed from just looking at it on the spx. Has anyone done a swap like this??
I wanna keep stock pipes if i can it looks like they are going to run into the steering, but if needed, the xlt has psi mod blasters in it that i could get to fit. I want it to be reliable. As far as cooling goes the xlt has a nose cone cooler in it. I have a temp gauge so after the swap if it gets hot i can put tunnel coolers in it with a t-stat.

Thanks for any input

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
The Ultra was originally made in the wedge chassis, so there should be motor mounts and exhaust out there somewhere. Might have to check some salvage yards.

Premium Features