• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 SWA Track Swap

A
Mar 10, 2019
I just started this track swap. It looks like I"m going to need to drill out the rivets for both left and right side foot boxes. Has anyone else encountered this? My buddies also have these sleds and said they didn't have to. There's no way I can see to remove the chaincase cover or the drive axle without removing these. I can't see any way around it but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but you definitely shouldn't need to drill out any rivets to get the track out. The only exception I can think of is if it's got aftermarket tunnel braces: maybe they could interfere depending on how they're installed. To get the driveshaft out, you need to take the chaincase cover off (gotta remove the can and brake assembly first), unbolt and remove the chain and sprockets, then undo the bearing flange on the other side. The driveshaft goes to the left to get out of the chaincase, then you can drop the right side down and pull it out. I'm not sure exactly where you're at on that, but I hope this helps...

A
Mar 10, 2019
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but you definitely shouldn't need to drill out any rivets to get the track out. The only exception I can think of is if it's got aftermarket tunnel braces: maybe they could interfere depending on how they're installed. To get the driveshaft out, you need to take the chaincase cover off (gotta remove the can and brake assembly first), unbolt and remove the chain and sprockets, then undo the bearing flange on the other side. The driveshaft goes to the left to get out of the chaincase, then you can drop the right side down and pull it out. I'm not sure exactly where you're at on that, but I hope this helps...
Thanks for responding. The part I was missing was that I needed to remove two belly pan bolts and then push down on the plastic to allow me to rotate the chaincase cover enough to clear the foot box.

Premium Features