• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swap 165 Khaos rails for 165 PRO RMK rails???

Midwest Summit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Commerce Township, MI
How good does the 165 Khaos climb? As well as a 165 PRO? Is there anything to gain by swapping the Khaos rails to PRO rails or Ice Age equivalent? Would you have to change the front mounting holes if use PRO rails? Seen the Turcotte video comparing Khoas 155 to Khaos 165 with exact suspension settings and the 165 was in way more control while climbing and sidehilling.

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
165 Khaos climbs very well, not like a pro. The pro has a lower attack angle. You will not gain much from the rails themselves, you would gain more by shorting your limiter strap.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
the 165 khaos does not ride anything like the 155 khaos.

i feel my 165 ice age khaos conversion is really not much different than the 155 pro it was

W
Dec 16, 2018
Riding my 21 Khaos 165 I was disappointed with it not being playful enough...until I started playing with the low speed shock adjustments. Soft rear shock and stiff front is a more Khaos feeling. The opposite, soft front and firm rear will give you that predictable Pro riding experience. Best of both worlds IMO

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
You cannot just drop RMK rails in a Khaos as the shock is too long and will bottom out the shock before it hits the front track shock.

Some shock adjustments will make a world of difference in how it performs.

Also, remeber just because one guy says one thing doesnt mean it makes **** for sense to you.

While I greatly respect turcotte, his is ultimately coming from a sno - x and freestyle background into tech mountain riding recently. He put the laydown style steering in an axys which absoltely polar opposite of what every other pro rider does ( dont ruin a good thing)

IMO, ride your sled and make adjustments based on your need, dont get too into over analyzing it ahead of time. The 165 Khaos IMO is the sled to beat for a mid to higher skill level mountain rider looking to crush tech terrain. Its super capable and able to hold a line but also much less planted so you can still ride creatively with ease.

R
Nov 24, 2014
I played with this all season. Dont waste your time with the rails, Adjusting the shocks not even touching the limiter strap changes the sled 100% I experienced this first hand on a 2021 165 khaos. By a stroke of luck or misfortune or how ever you want to view it I blew all the shocks out on my 163 pro skid this year, I did the full khaos conversation from ice age with fox qs3 shocks. Man this is the best sled for technical terrain I have ever ridden. Just by throwing the clickers stiff in the rear lose in the front and man its my pro, flip it around its a wheelie, turn down fun machine.

I love the 163 khaos I ordered a new one for 22

Premium Features