• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stretching RMK Assault 155 to 163

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I am toying with the idea of stretching my 2017 RMK Assault 155 (2.86 pitch 2.6 series 6 track) next year to a 163. I've done a bunch of research trying to figure out the most cost effective way to do this but I could use some input from people who have done it.

I would like to get Ice Age rails anyway, but I would have to get the ones for the regular pro RMK to go 163 and then according to them move my swing arm to to the higher hole. Ive had a lot of time on both sleds (Pro and Assault 155's) and I really prefer the assault suspension over the pro.

My biggest hang up is drivers and what kind of rails I can run with what drivers. I wouldn't mind trying the new epic 2.8 or the conquer 2.6, but I need 3.5 pitch drivers. Im not sure if those will work with the ice age rails or what. I would appreciate some schooling. According to the ice age website they just have one type of rail whereas Polaris has a 3" pitch rail and a 2.86 pitch rail.

Thanks

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I am toying with the idea of stretching my 2017 RMK Assault 155 (2.86 pitch 2.6 series 6 track) next year to a 163. I've done a bunch of research trying to figure out the most cost effective way to do this but I could use some input from people who have done it.

I would like to get Ice Age rails anyway, but I would have to get the ones for the regular pro RMK to go 163 and then according to them move my swing arm to to the higher hole. Ive had a lot of time on both sleds (Pro and Assault 155's) and I really prefer the assault suspension over the pro.

My biggest hang up is drivers and what kind of rails I can run with what drivers. I wouldn't mind trying the new epic 2.8 or the conquer 2.6, but I need 3.5 pitch drivers. Im not sure if those will work with the ice age rails or what. I would appreciate some schooling. According to the ice age website they just have one type of rail whereas Polaris has a 3" pitch rail and a 2.86 pitch rail.

Thanks

Standard axys Ice age rails are 162 and made for 8” wheels.
Get 6 tooth 3.5 pitch drivers
165x3.5 pitch track.

You might want to talk to ice age directly about that plan. (You probably would be right at the end of adjustment)

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Standard axys Ice age rails are 162 and made for 8” wheels.
Get 6 tooth 3.5 pitch drivers
165x3.5 pitch track.

You might want to talk to ice age directly about that plan. (You probably would be right at the end of adjustment)

Will I need an antistab kit? Or cut the rail tips? I would like to avoid cutting them.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Will I need an antistab kit? Or cut the rail tips? I would like to avoid cutting them.

Depends which drivers you buy.

Extrovert drivers with teeth in line with the rails require cutting and anti stab.

If you get the Polaris style introvert with center extrovert then you don’t need to cut the rails. (Assuming the track is center punched)

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i don't think rails, other than length matter.
it is the pitch of the drivers that determine the pitch of track needed.

i put 155 ice age rails with polaris 3' pitch drivers, and an x3 3.0 pitch track on my sled this year. I am going to bump it up to a 163 for next year. I am just going to get a set of 163 ice age rails and a track (not sure which one yet), and run the appropriate drivers.

the easiest way to get to a 163 would be to get a set of ice age rails, and run a track that runs on 2.86 drivers (like a polaris 2.6).

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT

Thanks
They will have stretched assault/Khaos 155-163 rails available soon. This way you can keep your assault skid vs having to go RMK setup.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
They will have stretched assault/Khaos 155-163 rails available soon. This way you can keep your assault skid vs having to go RMK setup.

I saw they were going to do a 163 Khaos rail. I didn't realize they are going to do a 163 Assault rail as well. That is what I really wanted.

I'm leaning towards the Polaris 163 2.6 if I can find one for a good deal. I have no problems with this track, I just want a longer version and the shorter tunnel.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I saw they were going to do a 163 Khaos rail. I didn't realize they are going to do a 163 Assault rail as well. That is what I really wanted.

I'm leaning towards the Polaris 163 2.6 if I can find one for a good deal. I have no problems with this track, I just want a longer version and the shorter tunnel.

They already can do 163 assault rails.
Just call em.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT

Assault/Khaos Rail. Same same thing different name.

Premium Features