• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock exhaust can

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Just picked up a 21 mountain max. It came with a ggb trail and Sledshed cooker can. But from what I remember on my 2020 I had the stock can worked the best. How many guys just running the stock can?

4thekozz

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 2, 2021
Stock is best if you like getting ski pulls from your pals and don't care about weight. Speedwerx lightweight muffler or GGB quite can are a nice replacement without being loud and shredding a few pounds

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Any panel melting issues with the stock?
That's the unfortunate downside of the stock can - it's so damn big! I just picked up a sled that has 800 miles, all with the stock can. The panel has melt spots, all surrounding heat tape in the compartment is charred up and the silicone donut in the outlet is charred. Meanwhile my other sled with 3000 miles (SLP can from day 1) everything is prestine. I would say the SLP is the same dB level too. I like having room for a hot pot as well

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
@Turblue - I have been running the GGB trail can on my 2019 Alpha since day one- Quite but still give your a low end rumble.
Never have any melting issues even with the sled over on that side, and zero problems with performance over a stock can.
I have in my testing switching exhaust cans ( since I sell GGB ) on the mountain, from a stock sled back and forth to mine-
Never had any performance issues-and so much lighter when you plant the sled on the (PTO side ) during a side hill maneuver.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I put the stock back on my sled. Even the mbrp trail can was loud, at a certain rpm it would ring my ear drums.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Anyone try a Silber silencer? I tried fitting in the stock can but the tki belt drive plastic res just to close.
IMG_2592.jpeg

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I am running a Jaws trail can and its decent for noise slightly louder than stock but not much. The rowdy or race cans are a hard no for me. I also have a SLP quiet can on my M sled and that is really nice not as big of weight savings but stock level sound. No run ability issues with either can.

Premium Features