• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steel clutch ring

Mar 15, 2010
anchorage
This is my first cat, it's a 2010, 800 snopro, 153, what is the steel ring on the back of the primary for?

Thank's to all the posters who have contributed to the clutching threads, I'm pretty close to getting mine dialed in, what happens if you remove the ring?

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
My M7 came with one on brand new, I took it off after about 2 or 3 rides and haven't ever had a problem without it, and I've probably got around 4 or 5k miles on it now.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I have it also in my CF 7@8 -06. Some years ago I removed the ring and went to test drive. Noticed it affected the clutching. Noticed I lost top end power/torgue and I needed to drop weight. Well I didn't drop the weight, just bolted the ring back and I'm still using the ring.

It may be good if you remove the extra weight, but you need to tune clutches after removing.

S
Feb 21, 2009
new

Had one on m7, needed new clutch and new one came without it. Was told to leave it off. Runs awesome and revs a little quicker, did'nt really change anything..

Premium Features