• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stage 2 to 3.. clutching questions

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Have an 18 pro 155.

Last year I ran an SLP full pipe with indy dans clutching. Green/black spring and can't remember how much weight I was at, but ran great, have it wrote somewhere.

Last trip had a whoops, and thinking I had clutch issues, broke a spring switched to stock and had to pull some weight, but was also warmer out.

So had indy specialty clutch service this summer, while clutches were out and doing some preseason inspections, noticed egt was unplugged, so probably my issue.

But back to my real question.

Picked up the SLP head with 8+ domes. For the season, SLP instructions show same amount from stage 2 to 3.

Just curious if I should start out with some extra weight right out the door.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I have been thinking about the same thing. For me, the intent is that the higher compression brings back some of the HP I loose by going up in elevation. I don't have any numbers to support this, but I think setting up with one notch heavier weights would be a good thing. It would be similar to running one "category" lower on the clutch spec charts. For ex run the 6-8k set up vs 8-10k. That said, I will still have another set of weights with me and appropriate tools. Its an easy change if i can't get the RPM's. Certainly, no harm in trying heavier weights. Finally, Dan is great to work with - a quick call to him (if you can get through in the busiest time of year) and he will point you in the right direction.

Premium Features