• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ST or LT or SX - My Thoughts

J
Dec 27, 2010
Heber utah
That's probably something you have to answer for yourself. People generally don't like the same things, some people like Pro RMK's while others like ski-doo xm's - both handle very different from each other.

For me, the 12.5 ST with TSS will work much better than the SX-LT, I'd even choose the ST without TSS over the SX-LT. I just don't care for the feel of the longer track.

I agree with this as well, everyone likes different setups. I'm with you here, I prefer the shorter setup even though it won't float as well.

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
I agree with this as well, everyone likes different setups. I'm with you here, I prefer the shorter setup even though it won't float as well.

I would think an 12.5" ST would float every bit as well as a 10.5" LT-SX, no? If you assume a 45% contact patch with the snow the SX-LT has a 650 sq in area while the ST (with TSS) would be 680 sq in float area.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com

And I agree and disagree with both of you- we all like different setups (agree). But I love the SX137 (disagree). It's super nimble and gives me that deep powder float and traction that I crave.

If you calculate square inches of float between the ST and SX137 the ST makes a compelling argument. But if you count the number of monster 2.5 inch paddles on the snow the SX137 is clearly the best...

What does "the best" mean anyway? :becky::becky::becky:

The thing that makes me smile the most about this discussion is how close in actual performance all of our different models are; and how far apart in perception they really are. Definitely an inverse relationship. :face-icon-small-hap
-Blaser

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The thing that makes me smile the most about this discussion is how close in actual performance all of our different models are; and how far apart in perception they really are. Definitely an inverse relationship. :face-icon-small-hap
-Blaser

No kidding, after riding around everything but an LTSX I can honestly say nobody is going anywhere someone else is not. On the deepest of days yes the LT pulls away but thats it. Day to day, maybe different line choice and a little track poaching but other then that nobody is blowing anyone out of the water.

I will admit, the SX in spring snow is a freakin ripper, that little track spins up quick and takes you places when traction and float is not an issue. but for 90% of the riding, as long as your out riding your gonna have a killer time.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
No kidding, after riding around everything but an LTSX I can honestly say nobody is going anywhere someone else is not. On the deepest of days yes the LT pulls away but thats it. Day to day, maybe different line choice and a little track poaching but other then that nobody is blowing anyone out of the water.

I will admit, the SX in spring snow is a freakin ripper, that little track spins up quick and takes you places when traction and float is not an issue. but for 90% of the riding, as long as your out riding your gonna have a killer time.

That's what I was trying to say- you definitely said it better than I did! Thanks!
-Blaser

Premium Features