• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spindle, trail vs mtn

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Are the mxz spindles shorter than the summits?
Which years mxz spindles would fit the ball joints of the summits?
I have a g5 I want to lower in the front. Our big horn snow rips the bars out of my hands constantly as well as falling through the ice layers and stopping ya dead
I saw the zrp spindles made it look like mxz was shorter but those spindles have a offset which I don't want

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Are the mxz spindles shorter than the summits?
Which years mxz spindles would fit the ball joints of the summits?
I have a g5 I want to lower in the front. Our big horn snow rips the bars out of my hands constantly as well as falling through the ice layers and stopping ya dead
I saw the zrp spindles made it look like mxz was shorter but those spindles have a offset which I don't want
Get the lynx or new 24 freeride spindle. It is nothing to do with height. It is ski bolt 8mm in front of being in line with upper and lower. Lynx spindle is 5mm. You wouldn’t think 3mm would make that much difference but it does. This exact scenario is why i dislike ski doo. Every time I've had ski jerked out of my hands it's been on a skidoo. I'd change skis also. Put slydogs on it. Those two things will make you extremely happy.

D
Dec 22, 2018
With Doo ski rubbers are extremely important when its harder snow. Otherwise you get the feeling described above. I change my ski rubbers every 400km. They wear out fast and sometimes all it need is one big hit and they are done

Premium Features