• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sooooo I finished my round pen today warning..contains elicit language

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
I would sheet it also, less distractions and when they are grinding you into the fence it will save your legs and feet......also when he unloads your as* and he will its nicer to bounce off the sheet instead of the rails.....f

Now I see how you trained Fordman to pay for all of your gas, belts, oil, Heli rides and Sleds.

W
Jan 2, 2008
nice, be sure to throw up some pics & vids

kinda funny I grew up doing that stuff, couldn't wait to get away from it, and now I want to go back to it. :rolleyes:

On the rails I'd be inclined to run some half rounds around the top edge, I got a pair of ribs that wished they hadn't landed on a 2x6 edge

Last edited:
M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
You're doing something wrong if there's any buck in them once you actually climb on. By that time they should be your best friend without even the slightest thought of tossing ya.

shut the frock up!! :D we all want to see the vid of H2 when his ego meets up with the reality of the dirt! :eek: :D :beer;

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
H2 I think I speak for us all whem I say I want video of you getting pitched off on your head! Cowboys in CANADA Psssh!

now for the pic that I originaly had in the mix .....nothing personal but ............
IMG_1178.jpg
:eek::D;):beer;

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Oh my doG! H2Snow a Pat and Linda Parelli fan?????????????

My wife loves the Parelli method. She drug me down to their ranch in Colorado, for one of their evangelical shows. Being the analytical outside observer, being lead around by an insider, I found it all very interesting. Linda can't do shet with a horse, like Pat, but the lady does know how to sell the business. They have a very smart money man / partner. Everything is about obtaining the next level. The DVDs, the levels, the books, all the "special" ropes and whips, shows, saddles, personal training at the ranch, it's quite the setup.

I will say, the man can handle a horse, and knows his way around them very well. Of course it's his job, and all he does. The method works, it's great for ground training. I don't think they do as much for riding, as they do for ground work. The only thing that bugs me, is Pat constantly reminding everyone that they should give him credit for some technique he came up with. Everyone at those meetings is trying to figure out how to make money with horses, it's like grand stand seating for 2000 leeches.

Don't forget to wear a mouth protector. You wouldn't want to scratch that wood with a tooth.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington

I could ride a sled or a 4 wheeler in that thing all day with no injury. Time to re-think this whole horse thing. Looks like you already have bad arthritus in that one finger, go easy on yourself man. Also, good that you got pics now before it is knee deep in chit, flies, and tabacca spit.........horses, lol. Looks great. EW

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
I could ride a sled or a 4 wheeler in that thing all day with no injury. Time to re-think this whole horse thing. Looks like you already have bad arthritus in that one finger, go easy on yourself man. Also, good that you got pics now before it is knee deep in chit, flies, and tabacca spit.........horses, lol. Looks great. EW

told the wife that I was going to put plywood from dirt to sky and get in there with dirt bike .....a little wall of death deal after 9 beer:eek::beer;

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
You're doing something wrong if there's any buck in them once you actually climb on. By that time they should be your best friend without even the slightest thought of tossing ya.

That's how I do it! I'm too beat up anymore to take on the broncs anyway. I didn't used to mind though. And I really like Bryan Neubert and Ray Hunt. Ridden with Neubert and he is amazing. Tom Dorrance is very great also, not all so mainstream, but much better horsemen (in my opinion- not trying to offend!). Ray Hunt passed last year, but will always be one of the greatest horsemen to ever live.
By the way, your round pen looks good!

Premium Features