• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sooooo I finished my round pen today warning..contains elicit language

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
Sooooo I finished my round pen today

after over 50 Molson Dry....75 bucks in screws and nails......all the dunage that I brought home from hauling loads

I tossed together a 50 foot round pen to break horses in ....got 3 year old wild mustang..never broke that I am going to break this summer...while my other horses just watch and eat popcorn ..should be fun

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

Last edited:
N
Apr 7, 2008
Litchfield, MN
Looks great. 1 suggestion from me would be to add plywood sheets to the walls to help in less distractions outside the ring for the horse. It would make it even stronger too. A bud of mine has one like that & its great for breaking, up to finish training. We follow Clinton Andersons type of no-resistance training & it really builds up a great relationship between you & your horse.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Breaking horses, better you then me!! LOL

G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
Looks great. 1 suggestion from me would be to add plywood sheets to the walls to help in less distractions outside the ring for the horse. It would make it even stronger too. A bud of mine has one like that & its great for breaking, up to finish training. We follow Clinton Andersons type of no-resistance training & it really builds up a great relationship between you & your horse.

I would sheet it also, less distractions and when they are grinding you into the fence it will save your legs and feet......also when he unloads your as* and he will its nicer to bounce off the sheet instead of the rails.....f

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Mmmmmm roundpens...great for chasing down political and religious views. LOL j/k HaHa

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
H2 I think I speak for us all whem I say I want video of you getting pitched off on your head! Cowboys in CANADA Psssh!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Everett, Wa.
Looks great, we never had one they had 10 acres fenced to throw us off. By the time we actually sat the horse they were pretty much ready for us except the first time they just wanted to run in circles till they realized they were not on a rope. Be sure and post the Pics. Swampy:D:D:beer;

Premium Features