• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Club Affiliation

Are you a member of a riding club or state/prov association?

• Total voters
T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
Currently a member of Walker Rim Riders, Mt. Jefferson, and Oregon State Snowmobile Association. I volunteer to groom for Walker Rim and piss off my buddy m8sandman:face-icon-small-sho
I am also a member of BRC
Along with my wife (Oregongirl), we are the Oregon Reps for SAWS.

Numbers are one thing, action from those numbers is a completely different one. An association or club cannot keep our riding areas open by themselves. It takes action from each and every snowmobiler to keep an area open. The question I get asked the most often is "What is SAWS doing about ______?" Unfortunately (and as smart a-- as it sounds), my answer always includes "What are YOU doing about _______" We can provide all the information that we possibly can to each and every member, but if only a few of us actually write the comment letter or make that phone call, it does very little good. Until we all dive head first into each and every land battle, we will continue to lose those areas. The other unfortunate thing we see all the time is, a great number of us only care about our particular riding area.
The greenies that we are battling run campaigns and get letters and comments from people nationwide. Why can't we get that from our fellow snowmobilers? That was the mission of SAWS when it was founded, to get the information out to our fellow snowmobilers a crossed the west so that we could provide responses of equal volume that the greenies do. Unfortunately, we have not seen this happen to the level we were hoping it would.

Premium Features