• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest weighs g4 and poo

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
A smaller tank is really a dumb idea, and you and dave would be beaking just as loud if next year doo gets rid of the seat , you'd spin it that its the best thing since fuel injection.

Maybe you could go tell Chris burandt that doing a small tank on his titanium sled was a really dumb idea. Haha. Kinda funny how when he does it, it's ok, but when doo does it, it's the dumbest thing ever done. The good thing is, brp won't be doing away with the seat, course that may be hard for you to believe, you seem to not have a very good touch with reality. You always bring up scenarios that will never happen. (Yamaha doing a 6 gallon tank, Doo not having a seat) Maybe bring some real facts to the table to argue with.

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Maybe you could go tell Chris burandt that doing a small tank on his titanium sled was a really dumb idea. Haha. Kinda funny how when he does it, it's ok, but when doo does it, it's the dumbest thing ever done. The good thing is, brp won't be doing away with the seat, course that may be hard for you to believe, you seem to not have a very good touch with reality. You always bring up scenarios that will never happen. (Yamaha doing a 6 gallon tank, Doo not having a seat) Maybe bring some real facts to the table to argue with.

I think a small tank is a dumb idea for backcountry riders ... Where I ride we have a BIG backcountry which is limited to size of the fuel tank. Most guys who ride the backcountry aggressively average around 50 miles +\-per tank on deep powder day .... I would like to have the extra weight 3 gallons x 6 lbs = 18 pounds. 18 pounds gone in the first hour of pounding the powder.

Screw Burandt many guys were hammering the steep & deep before he was even concieved.

DPG

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming

I don't give a rats azz what Chris runs. If any of us rode 200 days a year we would also know exactly where we were going that day and how much fuel we would burn. Some of us don't ride with 2 friends a camera guy and a whipping boy.

So sick of the pander for the almighty sled Gods on you tube.

For Christ sake people, take a step back and realize the rider you are and the ACTUAL needs of 99% of riders. Then when all of what your seeing is in clear view, take a deep breath, smile and go ride.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

KINDA FUNNY cuz I have never heard anyone talk up how great burandts light weight gas tank was? And KINDA FUNNY cuz a lightweight tank on a single guys mod sled is being compared to a sled thats being mass produced. KINDA FUNNY.

KINDA FUNNY :face-icon-small-hap

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
KINDA FUNNY cuz I have never heard anyone talk up how great burandts light weight gas tank was? And KINDA FUNNY cuz a lightweight tank on a single guys mod sled is being compared to a sled thats being mass produced. KINDA FUNNY.

KINDA FUNNY :face-icon-small-hap

Don't think he's a single guy. But I'm smelling what your stepping in.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
i just learned that 1 gallon of gasoline weighs 6 pounds (on average). its specific gravity can make the weight fluctuate a few tenths.

and that right there is the most informative thing you will read in this worthless excuse of a thread

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007

Haha, you were wrong about me being a Poo rider also, what else you wrong about ?
Lol, you mention reality, funny I think You have it confused with marketing hype, they're sometimes not the same thing. I hope it's a good sled , I guess we'll see next year.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
you know you're a polaris junky when.......you're grasping for straws and making "gas tank jokes"

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
you know you're a polaris junky when.......you're grasping for straws and making "gas tank jokes"

And you know when you're a Doo junky when you make said gas tank 2 gallons less fuel and announce proudly to the world that your skilled engineering dept created a 20 lb weight loss. LOL.

And yeah, yeah, you had to burp it and you didn't need it and blah blah,but all my Doo group always took their buddy can , and usually used it.
Speculation is this motor is ready for boost, You boost this thing and reality, you're gonna be packing 2 buddy cans on the back or gonna have an awful short day.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
And you know when you're a Doo junky when you make said gas tank 2 gallons less fuel and announce proudly to the world that your skilled engineering dept created a 20 lb weight loss. LOL.

And yeah, yeah, you had to burp it and you didn't need it and blah blah,but all my Doo group always took their buddy can , and usually used it.
Speculation is this motor is ready for boost, You boost this thing and reality, you're gonna be packing 2 buddy cans on the back or gonna have an awful short day.

not as good as polaris' loud and proud engineers with their "lighter/STRONGER axys a-arms". that is a bold face lie.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Here's my solution to this supposed dilemma of what to buy.

Go for a ride on the different sleds you are interested in.

Figure out which one, overall, is best for you.

Buy that sled.

All of the 2017 mountain machines are extremely capable backcountry machines... and all of them have their strong suits.

Premium Features