• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest weighs g4 and poo

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
By all means.....if you ride your sled dry, weigh it dry.

So ready to ride would include the rider then right, cause you can't ride it without that, some are fat, some are skinny, but in your silly scenario, we should compare weights that way , that's apples to apples no ?
Just think, in your messed up thinking yammy could put a 6 gallon tank on and kick *** in the weight race, be the same right ?
Really stupid argument , Game changing weight loss, yeah right ......... We put in less fuel than the other guys. LOL.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
So ready to ride would include the rider then right, cause you can't ride it without that, some are fat, some are skinny, but in your silly scenario, we should compare weights that way , that's apples to apples no ?
Just think, in your messed up thinking yammy could put a 6 gallon tank on and kick *** in the weight race, be the same right ?
Really stupid argument , Game changing weight loss, yeah right ......... We put in less fuel than the other guys. LOL.

Human weight is live weight. Sled and fuel weight is dead weight Sorry I had to explain that to you but I guess you couldn't see past Polaris' marketing. If the yami could go as far on six gallons as the poo could on 11 then yes it would be an honest argument but we know that it won't. It's funny how you poo riders always have to bring yami into the argument.

But on another note the engine on the G4 is centered and so the chassis will feel even lighter and more balanced. And in case you forgot they did drop 25 lbs off the G4, but it's still fat and chubby? Lol. 15 lbs dry weight isn't really that much and that is all the difference there is between the axys 163x3 and the G4 165.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming

How bout a factory discount with the stipulation that the rider must weigh 110lbs!!

Just like a jockey!

If your over 110 lbs, this yami sleds warranty and rideability is VOID!!!

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Human weight is live weight. Sled and fuel weight is dead weight Sorry I had to explain that to you but I guess you couldn't see past Polaris' marketing. If the yami could go as far on six gallons as the poo could on 11 then yes it would be an honest argument but we know that it won't. It's funny how you poo riders always have to bring yami into the argument.

But on another note the engine on the G4 is centered and so the chassis will feel even lighter and more balanced. And in case you forgot they did drop 25 lbs off the G4, but it's still fat and chubby? Lol. 15 lbs dry weight isn't really that much and that is all the difference there is between the axys 163x3 and the G4 165.

I don't own nor ride a Poo, nor am I comparing the weight to Poo, it's a dumba$$ idea all on its own, and silly comments and assumptions that anyone who would question it is a Poo rider are typical of you doolaid drinkers who buy into this goofy marketing crap. apples to oranges to make yourself feel better about your choice, that's fine, but trying to spin it like that makes you kinda silly. Just sayin.

And to your comment about Poo and yammy, I think it's funny how till this year , you Doo guys "couldn't feel the extra weight" and " the extra weight makes it stronger and durable" and they're all heavy when they're stuck". Now , you take less fuel, and all of a sudden less weight is an awesome feature that Doo invented this year. LOL.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Either way I still think its dumb that the G4 doesnt come with a larger fuel tank. I dont care if the thing is fuel efficient, there are places I have rode where I wouldnt feel comfortable going out with less than 10 gallons of fuel. Heck I wish my Poo had a 13-14 gallon tank for that one-two rides a year where I use close to or all of my fuel, because chances are that day is one of those ones that you just dont want to end. Nobody wants to head back to the lot early.

Give us a bigger tank not a smaller one, if guys wanna save the weight and only head out with 9.5 gallons, they can do that, and if I wanna go out with 13 gallons I can do that too. Makes sense to me I guess. :face-icon-small-dis

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
X2 on the small fuel tank. That joke of a 2.9 linq tank is a joke too.
Here's the clincher-its $150 for the spare fuel jug. Then another 150 for an additional linq tank to stack on top of the original one.
So $300 for 2 jerry cans? Yep. That's what you will pay. Brp ain't dumb.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Here's the clincher-its $150 for the spare fuel jug. Then another 150 for an additional linq tank to stack on top of the original one.

Aftermarket fuel tanks are becoming a real thing idc what anyone says the manufacturers will always leave room for aftermarket products. For they are apart of the industry as well.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
I'll just end the debate. Skidoo owns market share. And they will outsell Polaris this year in the mountain. Why? Cause they have better product. A better team all in all to produce quality product and to have the people who stand behind it honestly.

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
I used to like burandt but after talking to him a few times I have realized how arrogant he is I have friends that ride poo and they think the same about him.

the last 3 or 4 years as a youtube super star he has sold out so bad it is sad. Levi lavalle (which I have to say is the best person to represent this sport), Paul thacker, tucker hibbert, and kyle palin (up and coming) are the true ambassadors of this sport. There could be some other big name mountain guys I could be missing but I do not follow that segment as much.

T
Sep 1, 2014
the last 3 or 4 years as a youtube super star he has sold out so bad it is sad. Levi lavalle (which I have to say is the best person to represent this sport), Paul thacker, tucker hibbert, and kyle palin (up and coming) are the true ambassadors of this sport. There could be some other big name mountain guys I could be missing but I do not follow that segment as much.
Yes levi is a great role model he gave me and my family tickets to the snow cross race and is very friendly.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
Either way I still think its dumb that the G4 doesnt come with a larger fuel tank. I dont care if the thing is fuel efficient, there are places I have rode where I wouldnt feel comfortable going out with less than 10 gallons of fuel. Heck I wish my Poo had a 13-14 gallon tank for that one-two rides a year where I use close to or all of my fuel, because chances are that day is one of those ones that you just dont want to end. Nobody wants to head back to the lot early.

Give us a bigger tank not a smaller one, if guys wanna save the weight and only head out with 9.5 gallons, they can do that, and if I wanna go out with 13 gallons I can do that too. Makes sense to me I guess. :face-icon-small-dis

I realize at 5ft 7 I am not the average rider. however the redesigned tank while sadly holds less fuel was the primary reason for me to snow check the g4 and walk away from my xm. the wider track/ tunnel made leveraging myself difficult on the xm. thank you doo for the narrower tank
if I gotta pack gas more often now, well so be it

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

Hahaha . . It's the perfect plan . . . make a sled with a smaller fuel tank and oil tank, get Dave (a paid "expert") to trumpet about what a "game changer" it is, and concentrate on "wet weight" for comparison sake. Once the doolaid drinkers follow along and crow about how much less it weighs, they will not notice the cost of $300 to be able to pack extra gas to go the distance of the AXYS. THAT, my friends, is brilliant marketing!!

And the pied piper moves ahead . . . :)

Oh . . Belt, bags, tools, survival equipment (and almost everyone has these on their sleds) is dead weight too :) That is why weighing a sled "dry" is a direct comparison to only the weight of the SLED . . not all the extras :)

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Hahaha . . It's the perfect plan . . . make a sled with a smaller fuel tank and oil tank, get Dave (a paid "expert") to trumpet about what a "game changer" it is, and concentrate on "wet weight" for comparison sake. Once the doolaid drinkers follow along and crow about how much less it weighs, they will not notice the cost of $300 to be able to pack extra gas to go the distance of the AXYS. THAT, my friends, is brilliant marketing!!

Oh . . Belt, bags, tools, survival equipment (and almost everyone has these on their sleds) is dead weight too :) That is why weighing a sled "dry" is a direct comparison to only the weight of the SLED . . not all the extras :)

Just makes you all giddy with excitement, dosen't it.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Here we debate which is the better sled the AXYS or the G4. And while the debate goes on, Arctic Cat is feverishly working on changing their top secret 800 C-Tec to a 860 C-Tec because they now know what the other 2 have. They also know how heavy their Cat needs to be to compete, so I bet Polaris and BRP has sent Cat back to the drawing board for not only their motor but also their chassis.

If they are not panicking to get the perfect sled to market for 2018, they will be done.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

Dave blowing on his skidoo themed trumpet is a funny vision in my mind.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Giddy or not, he's right on the money.

No.... He's not.

We started wet weighing our sleds before I knew Dave even existed. The Xm was never able to hold a full tank, even with burping so I know the G4 will not be at a disadvantage with the smaller tank.

Last edited:
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
No.... He's not.

We started wet weighing our sleds before I knew Dave even existed. The Xm was never able to hold a full tank, even with burping so I know the G4 will not be at a disadvantage with the smaller tank.

A smaller tank is really a dumb idea, and you and dave would be beaking just as loud if next year doo gets rid of the seat , you'd spin it that its the best thing since fuel injection.

Premium Features