• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOW BIKE KIT 141 2.5" TRACK $1400

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
snow bike kit I built several years ago, about the third kit I have constructed from scratch. Basiclly a TS clone on frame with my own side plates and suspension.

141 m8 suspension with fox shocks revalved and sprung for the bike, 141" 2.5 track I bought from ARCTIC CAT and cut down two years ago and profiled, hard as a rock and rips in hard snow, new chain and bearing before spring trip to WEST, can be easily adapted for 136 or 121 tracks, was on a WR450 steel frame bike and will fit YZ or WR steel frame bikes, easily adapted for others, KTM required only minor spacer mod I have those, comes with fully adjustable strut...........or $200 FOX AIR SHOX revalved to work on this kit, WAHL bros anti ratchet drivers, its geard for 15" of runout with 14 tooth counter shaft sprocket, this side cover that adds a lot of strength and chain cooling and stock looking TS cover also,
in MISSOULA MT WESTERN MONTANA, traveling to E Wyoming this summer and central WASh, so delivery might be possible, friends from RED DEER coming in a WEEK so going north maybe.

KIT FROM TOP LEFT GD.jpg KIT FROM RIGHT.jpg KIT FROM CLOSE.jpg KIT TRACK DETAIL.jpg IMG_0023.jpg KIT BRAKE DETAIL.jpg

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I like it. How does it perform against a timbersled long track?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

C

clark54

Apr 23, 2008
Missoula, Montana
I rode Mike's kit quite a bit before I bought my '16 Timbersled Long Track. Mine is a little more nimble on the trail but other than that Mike's kit does everything mine does. AND his kit doesn't cost $6K either. For the price, its a lot of bang for little buck...

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
the 141

the 141 track in this stiff 2.5 lug is pretty much max traction. I also have played with my strut length to get max track on the ground. In the fluff and early season going it will walk up a lot of terrain that you have to attack with HP when you have older kits with 2" tracks.

the downside to tons of traction is push when the snow gets hard so you have to adjust to that.

the upside to this track is it will rip up hard snow so no fear of climbing up into hard south facing spring snow and loosing bite.

Tyler has a good handle on comparing to the lastest from TS, he rode my kits off and on early winter then went to a long track 16TS and we rode side by side the rest of the winter.

Premium Features