• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snoring.....

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
I breath through my nose the entire night....yet the ol' lady insists I am still able to snore. WTH is with that? I know that when I get loaded and hit the hay, I sleep with my yap wide open and actually wake myself up from the snoring...but I didn't even think it was possible when breathing through the nose. Anyways.....I mostly sleep in the spare room now....

G

Gimpster

Man that sure sounds familiar, same goes in my house....:D

Lot of times there is no option. She will fall asleep on the road when we are driving home from a race. Rattle the windows of my diesel with the snoring !!
I turn up the stereo, she wakes up and the road rage begins....
"I can't sleep with that stereo so loud"
"I can't drive while you're Snoring"
"F-U... I wasn't snoring !"
"Bull... That's why I turned up the stereo"
"I can't sleep with the stereo so loud"
"You can snore while I am driving though !?"
"F-U I wasn't snoring, I would have woke myself up"
"I thought you woke up from the stereo..."
"I did, I was sleeping"
"You were snoring,the stereo woke you up"
"Turn the stereo down so I can sleep"
"Then you'll start snoring again"
"F-U, I'd wake up"
"No you won't"
"If I start snoring wake me up and I will quit"

15 miles down the road..... ZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ ZZZZZ

I wake her up
"your snoring"
"Well turn the stereo up then !"

What the ..... !!!????

----- Gimpster -----

S
Feb 13, 2002
Layton
Sleep Apnea

I had the test done and thought it was crazy.. They hook up a whole wiring harness to you, put you in a room that has a camera so they can watch you, and watch tv all night to stay awake while expecting you to sleep normal so they can get accurate test results..

I do have a cpap but its a pain in the a$$ and I never sleep all night with it..

W
Jan 2, 2008
well I got BOOOST!!

had my sleep study done, sleep tech said I was "severly severe" WTF!!

said I was waking up over 105 times per hour, AHI scored over 105. They told my wife I'd be dead inside of 5 years if I ignored it (azzhats)

anyways I managed to fall asleep with the mask on, and HOLY CRAP I slept so deep I woke up like "WTF WHERE AM I???" I never done that before, always knew exactly where I was and how long I been there. It was kinda freaky. I guess I hadn't had a night sleep in years.

got me a CPAP machine now, only 3 days into it but I can feel a difference. I think once I get the boost dialed in I'm gonna be having a ton more energy and my BP will go down to normal. Maybe I'll get to see my grandkids even :cool:

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Ok so the other night I left about 3 am because I couldn't go back to sleep with her snoring all night. I was up from 1 am to 3 am before I finally left for the couch. Woke her up a few times by just nudging her a bit. She would quit for like 2 minutes and then right back to the snoring. So i get down to the couch and no less then 30 seconds here she comes wondering where i went. I said my back hurts and can't get comfortable. I do have a bad back so this will work anytime I need it too.

But I was thinking, "you don't wake up very long when I try to wake you up and as soon as I leave you come down wanting me to come back to bed. How did you even know I was gone? You never woke up before and rolled over to find out if I was there or not. Why did you just now wake up and wonder where I went?"

She doesn't want me sleeping on the couch so I wear ear plugs about 98% of the time now to block out the noise but it still comes through the plugs. Anybody have a good brand of plugs that blocks more of the noise?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
understand that if your sleep study center diagnoses you with sleep apnea which they will and/or you use a cpap machine you are most likely "uninsurable" for medically underwritten health insurance such as all Individual policies.

If the only issue is snoring i would pack in the sleep study and avoid at all costs the cpap machine.

Last edited:
A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
If any of you with snoring problems are on anti depressants, that may cause severe snoring.
My wife, who never snored more than the avg person I guess, got really bad snoring though about 6months after her open heart surgery. Never put 2 and 2 together, but this was the same time that an EP prescribed her a small dose of Paxil for her erratic heart rate (complications of surgery). After a year and a half of major snoring (caused some big arguments), a new EP took her off of the Paxil, said it wasn't controlling her heart condition.
While she went thru a major withdrawl from the Paxil (I wouldn't take that sh!t at any cost after seeing what a small dose did to her, memory loss, don't give a sh!t attitiude, etc and that wasn't the withdrawls. Withdrawls were like she was a junkie with DT's for about a week). Back to snoring.....................Her snoring STOPPED, like someone turned off a light switch.
Actually had sched to see a sleep apnea doc about a week after the EP took her off Paxil. Went to the apnea doc and decided not to do the sleep test, becasue the quit snoring, cold turkey.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I have been using a dental prosthesis that essentially makes your jaw stick out further to open up the airway......

I had a c-pap, could not tolerate that thing.

It works fantastic!

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
i've been snoring since i broke my nose in a motorcycle accident when i was 13. i'm 45 now and still snore everynight, just wondering when i'm supposed to die from it?;) i do get woke up at least a couple times a night from my wife kicking me or jabbing me in the side trying to get me to roll over so SHE can sleep...

L

lognomore

Oct 25, 2008
Red Bluff, Ca.
pillar bridge.

I saw something on the news about a surgeon in germany who was putting these plastic staples or dart's into people's upper pallet
Look's like a good idea and is reversible, anyone hear about that one?

I believe it is called a pillar bridge. We are looking into trying that. They insert three short lengths of stainless steel wires in the upper pallet at the rear. It is suppose to stiffen the skin so it won't vibrate. Only takes a few minutes to do.

Premium Features