• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Performance Package

S

Sheepdog

Nov 27, 2007
Big Sky Country
Hey guys,

Update on the SLP package. First off I want to say thank you to SLP. Dustin and the guys down there have been nothing but helpfull on what was going on here, they were very concerned, and broke down every problem that could have been going on.

Anyways....The reason that I wasnt hitting RPM in cooke was my own damn fault. I had a leaky Exhaust Valve Gasket that ended up gumming up my exhaust valves and the cylonoid making them not function properly. I took them off and cleaned as SLP suggested, cleaned the sylonoid as SLP recomended and that seems to have fixed the problem. I was pulling 8100-8250 all day on the trails today.

I think with the clutch kit that SLP recomends this combo will be a stellar combonation, it deffinetly puts a smile on my face when I pull the trigger. It hits 8000 RPM right away and then creeps up to 8250 within seconds, and pulls untill you have to let go. ( and this is with 10-60's in the primary, 10-58's would probally have been perfect)

I hope I didnt steer anyone away from this kit as it is an awsome set up, and SLP customer service is the best I have ever had with any other aftermarket supplier.

John

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I hope I didnt steer anyone away from this kit as it is an awsome set up, and SLP customer service is the best I have ever had with any other aftermarket supplier.

I was confident that you would find something simple like this. SLP is good at backing up their product in my experience. I might do the same thing this spring if I don't do a big bore kit. Good thread.

Premium Features