• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled sunk in lake, display wont work

S
Nov 29, 2014
south lake tahoe
yeah, i sunk my sled. 2017 axys rmk pro. not a pidd display. the actual display was only under water for a couple hrs but the ecu and everything below were under water for 24 hrs. got the sled out and got it running, display worked for the first 15 min and now wont work. headlights work. any advice? im probably going to replace all relays

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Take every electrical connection apart and dry it out, I would’ve done that before I tried to start it.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Make sure the display is dry first. Then check connections, as stated. use dielectric to reassemble. I'm guessing it worked at first and then something shorted out inside as you gave it a few minutes...willing to bet it has exposed components/leads.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Do the rice in bag trick, and check any electrical connections. There may just be corrosion causing one small connection not to work. A common thing also would be a capacitor could have shorted out and popped, you can tell that by the bulging top of it. Good luck :)

P
Nov 20, 2016
foleyet. ontario
I pulled one out of a lake a few years ago. Was down there for two weeks as we had to wait for more ice so we could walk out. Dumped some gold down the jugs and turned it over real slow.. set it by the wood stove for twelve hours pulled every connection cleaned and a dab of di grease.. I had the guy set his display on a heater vent in his house for a day or so.. biggest problem was the recoil was full of sand and the seat.. sled still runs today..

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Can you borrow a display, make sure its not the sled? Only other thing I can think of.

Drowned my -11 pro a long time ago in a river. Had it running within 5 hours but without display. Left display on a hot water tank over night and after ridning the sled to give it a warmup, left it in enclosed with a heater fan over night.

Sled never missed a beat after. Has me scratching my head on this whole moisture in relay contacts..

Rice bag was a neat trick!

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Premium Features