• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skis

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Wondering if Mohawks wouldn't help with the twitchy Doo steering? I don't think the ski is the cause for that though, so maybe not?
I'm going to try mohawks on my lynx after i try stock skis. I think some of it is front end weight and their spindle. Lynx has a little different spindle. Combine all that with an insanely deep keel and you have the recipe to get the bars jerked out of your hands. I might also try iceage spindles. Going to ride it first. Different ski and spindle than doo.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Could you elaborate- thinking about replacing the DS4s with Mohawks. I thought the Mohawks were a nice upgrade over the Grippers on my Poo... pretty much solely because they didn't push so bad off trail, that came with a bit of additional steering effort, but worth it IMO.

I also destroyed the Grippers in less than 500 miles.

I tried the Grippers on my G4 Summit. They seemed no better or worse than my DS3s.

Tried the Mohawks. Amazing on the trail but a lot more steering effort. Off trail they did not float as well as the DS3s or sidehill as well. Took more effort to sidehill and did not track as straight.

I went back to the DS3s.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Could you elaborate- thinking about replacing the DS4s with Mohawks. I thought the Mohawks were a nice upgrade over the Grippers on my Poo... pretty much solely because they didn't push so bad off trail, that came with a bit of additional steering effort, but worth it IMO.

I also destroyed the Grippers in less than 500 miles.

Do not tell Polaris about your experience with the Grippers! That will trigger their 4th recall of the year!!!!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I found Doo’s skis to be twitchy at times and squirrelly in ruts until I put on a post- forward and put the riser in line with the steerer post.

After that, no issues.

Premium Features