• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skis

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
The answer is no....

And I could care less.

That was not my point. My point is that your logic is flawed......

I understand what wyoboy is saying. And I'm sure he's not referring to a ski when both are sitting flat on the ground, like on a trail..
His analogy pertains to a sled tiped on it side, riding on one ski . Like a mountain sled is 80% of the time. Owning the Simmons gen 3's already and seeing the design of the bottom of the ski I can see where for mountain riding the gen 3 wouldn't be a good choice. A deep keel ski is what I believe I'm after.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I had Powder Pros on the 1100T and rode Woody's sled with the wide Sly Dogs. Better in every area. It made sense that they would have better flotation but they turn better in any condition, take WAY less effort in any condition, sidehill a lot easier and even on the trail where you think they would not work very well at all they are great. I switched over and couldn't be happier on my 1100. I rode the 900 Pro Lite and was shocked it had stock skis but with 50-60lbs taken off the front of that sled they actually worked ok.

L
Dec 13, 2008
My vote goes for the gen 2 on the 1100 keeps the heavy front end up in the deep snow. Also works well on the trail. Big sled big ski.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Good reports guys.

Different opinions are just fine. The one thing I've had a hard time with is, the stock ski tips up and stops me when I try to carve. I laid a Simmons next to the stock and could see why. From the pivot bolt the tail end was longer on the Simmons. I did get stiffer rubber pucks, and that helps, but I want new skis.

Owen

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I am going to run 8" slydogs this year. Racinstation says they work great on the 1100t. I am very excited to get them. I was running pilotDS skis on it last year and I would also say they were an improvement over stock but lack width for the big girl i love.

S
Dec 6, 2007
I use the Stock Polaris Pro RMK ski. They are 7" wide and work well for the price. I Would have loved some slydog skis but I had access to these polaris skis so I couldn't resist the "free" upgrade.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Snowmow sorry I wasn't clear the Sly Dog 8" work best. Not even close. The PPs just kicked my butt. I had a chance to ride Woodys sled that was basically the same as mine on the same day with the Sly Dogs and I just couldn't believe the difference. The PPs were recommended by someone I really respect and buy a lot of stuff from(he runs them on his 1100T to this day) but they were really hard to steer in any condition and kind of levered me out of sidehills. I have a set of green PPs you can try if you want.

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
I have to agree about the SLP Powder Pros being very difficult to steer on the trails while on the 1100. I prefer them over stock skis in powder for sure but I think I am switching to the Sly Dog 8" Powderhound this year too. Hopefully they are solid on the trail and in powder.

D

deadcat

Nov 27, 2007
Castle Rock CO
Poo Grippers

I am running Poo Grippers. Much more "flickable".....

Tried C&As and did not like the long keel and carbide. Made the front end feel heavier. So far the Grippers have been great.

Premium Features