Skinz Post Forward - 2020 Freeride

NHRoadking

Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Did the Skinz post-forward on my 2020 Freeride.

Contrary to what has been posted in the past, you need to cut the airbox even if you only go with the 1 inch forward setting versus the 2 inch setting.

Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Not surprised. Saw people saying it was possible but I thought it looked to be a tight fit on my -19. I never bothered to check to close though since I never wanted anything else than the full 2" anyways.

The Post forward mod is in my opinion the single best thing anyone can do to a G4 for that kind of money! I have it on my sled but my GF doesn't on hers, the difference is huge!

NHRoadking

Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Not surprised. Saw people saying it was possible but I thought it looked to be a tight fit on my -19. I never bothered to check to close though since I never wanted anything else than the full 2" anyways.

The Post forward mod is in my opinion the single best thing anyone can do to a G4 for that kind of money! I have it on my sled but my GF doesn't on hers, the difference is huge!
What are the differences you notice between your sled and the GF's with/without the post-forward?

Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I'm close to 1.9 m tall, (somewhere around 6ft 3" I believe it translates to??), and I find my sled much "roomier".
In the stock position I find I have the bars to close to my legs most of the time, that means that my hands are more or less straight above my feet which gives poor leverage for keeping the balance when the sled pivots around where I stand. Having the handle bars further forwards I get much better support from the bars as well as better leverage when applying body English.

I guess a shorter person might not experience the same advantages.

AND, don't put it on a trail sled you ride sitting down a lot, You will be hitting your knees on the bodywork constantly when sitting down!!

NHRoadking

Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The post forward definitely seems good for taller riders. It also seems to give more leverage to put the sled on its side.

Premium Features