• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Post Forward - 2020 Freeride

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Did the Skinz post-forward on my 2020 Freeride.

Contrary to what has been posted in the past, you need to cut the airbox even if you only go with the 1 inch forward setting versus the 2 inch setting.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Not surprised. Saw people saying it was possible but I thought it looked to be a tight fit on my -19. I never bothered to check to close though since I never wanted anything else than the full 2" anyways.

The Post forward mod is in my opinion the single best thing anyone can do to a G4 for that kind of money! I have it on my sled but my GF doesn't on hers, the difference is huge!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Not surprised. Saw people saying it was possible but I thought it looked to be a tight fit on my -19. I never bothered to check to close though since I never wanted anything else than the full 2" anyways.

The Post forward mod is in my opinion the single best thing anyone can do to a G4 for that kind of money! I have it on my sled but my GF doesn't on hers, the difference is huge!

What are the differences you notice between your sled and the GF's with/without the post-forward?

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I'm close to 1.9 m tall, (somewhere around 6ft 3" I believe it translates to??), and I find my sled much "roomier".
In the stock position I find I have the bars to close to my legs most of the time, that means that my hands are more or less straight above my feet which gives poor leverage for keeping the balance when the sled pivots around where I stand. Having the handle bars further forwards I get much better support from the bars as well as better leverage when applying body English.

I guess a shorter person might not experience the same advantages.

AND, don't put it on a trail sled you ride sitting down a lot, You will be hitting your knees on the bodywork constantly when sitting down!!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The post forward definitely seems good for taller riders. It also seems to give more leverage to put the sled on its side.

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
Just had it installed on my X by my dealer. Turns way harder than stock now, like the bushing is defective and way to tight. It takes gorilla strength to turn the bars now not a happy camper. So needless to say this thing is going back to be fixed. Anybody else have tight steering issues with this post forward kit?

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
If the steering is tight with a PF something is wrong. Did they use the modded lower bushings?

chralle

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
north of sweden
Just had it installed on my X by my dealer. Turns way harder than stock now, like the bushing is defective and way to tight. It takes gorilla strength to turn the bars now not a happy camper. So needless to say this thing is going back to be fixed. Anybody else have tight steering issues with this post forward kit?
Na have it on my 19 lynx and the steering effort is the same as original..

In the instructions it says to sand one of the bushings if its to tight.

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
Na have it on my 19 lynx and the steering effort is the same as original..
i
In the instructions it says to sand one of the bushings if its to tight.

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk
t
Makes sense apparently they didn't read the instructions .Should have just installed it myself, but I had them doing warranty updates as well. Thanks for your feedback, figured it was something simple.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Got to ride some more with my post-forward on my 2020 Freeride.

No change in steering effort. I am 6 feet tall with long arms and really like the extra room. Sled seems a bit easier to get on its side now (wasn't hard before). So far it seems like a worthy upgrade.

S
Feb 5, 2019
On my 2020 Freeride 154 I angled the riser forward, seems to be working thus far. I read feedback about it being a potential problem when the bars are turned, sidehilling, but I like the bar placement for my 6'2" height. Searched but haven't found any real info on why angling the riser fwd (similar to my trail sled) might be a problem.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
On my 2020 Freeride 154 I angled the riser forward, seems to be working thus far. I read feedback about it being a potential problem when the bars are turned, sidehilling, but I like the bar placement for my 6'2" height. Searched but haven't found any real info on why angling the riser fwd (similar to my trail sled) might be a problem.

I keep the bars inline with the post. I tried angling them forward and got a lot more feedback in bumps and ruts. Try it both ways and see what you think.

Premium Features