• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKINZ Front Bumper for the ProClimb/Cross

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Got my bumper and other goodies from Sled Solutions today. First observation was how light the bumper is and the semi gloss black paint will be a good match for my black LE.

Placed the parts on the scale and measured:

Bumper 2 lbs 11.25 Oz
Skid plate 9.75 Oz
Hardware 1.75 Oz

Total weight 3 lbs 6.75 Oz

Now just need AC to build the sled!

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
got the polished aluminum one on my sled last weekend and it is definitely a very good lookin accessory can't wait to see how big of tree I can run down with it next year! I enjoy the side profile better than the front but thats just beer goggles vision.

R

Rising

Jan 10, 2010
Looks really nice.. anyone got some more pictures with the bumper on? thx

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Kind of ironic in that this thread started out about people having sleds and no bumpers and here the following season, I've got the bumper and no sled, lol.

Here's another photo of the bumper along with the Skinz hood...

ArcticCatProClimbACMF250-BKweb.jpg

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
To bad :face-icon-small-dis
I would love to buy something like that for next season but i can`t drop the hood because I need the headlight.
Ride in the dark most of the season.

32longtrack

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
I'm thinking about buying the skinz front bumper I like the looks of it and the installation video you guys made is great my question is does it pack a lot of snow/ice in the front, do you have any pictures after riding in deep snow. Also have you hit anything if so how did it hold up. Do you have one in the black grip?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I've got black right now but expect a Grip bumper in the next few days to arrive. My buddy is running one on his but we haven't had any real snow to say it does or does not collect snow. As far as durability there is no question in my mind that this will hold up to A LOT of abuse compared to what's out there now. If you want the Grip coat I wouldn't wait because it will go fast, distributors don't carry them so this is a special order from Skinz.

32longtrack

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
Thanks for the reply sorry to hear you guys don't have much snow hopefully you'll get dumped on soon. I just ordered it, cant wait for it to show up.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I'm thinking about buying the skinz front bumper I like the looks of it and the installation video you guys made is great my question is does it pack a lot of snow/ice in the front, do you have any pictures after riding in deep snow. Also have you hit anything if so how did it hold up. Do you have one in the black grip?

We have ridden some deep snow during the later part of the winter. SHOCKED at how much snow it DOESN'T collect. Very impressive.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
We have ridden some deep snow during the later part of the winter. SHOCKED at how much snow it DOESN'T collect. Very impressive.

Out in Utah last week and the bumper was holding some snow not a ton but I'm gonna cut a hole where the two access holes for the hood screws are located. It will build in there quite nicely with the western fluff but still less than the diver's cage that came on the sled.

Premium Features