• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski mod?

trenchking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Anyone do the cut out on heal of ski mod on xp with s-36 front end? Was wondering how you liked it!

K
Nov 27, 2007
Washington
Yes. In our family we have 3 xp so was able to change one thing at a time and test same day. Cut ski eases up the counter steer pressure a bit in cruddy snow side hilling. Biggest difference though is that it makes it more stable or predictable... Less likely that the front of the ski will try to grab and high side you. I've cut them all. S36 does what you would expect... Easier to tip over and makes the balance point a little better. Balances not tipped quite as far over.
Jeb

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Skis for sale

Have a set of DS skis for sale black and yellow tiedie only 2 seasons on them with loops and carbides. PM if interested

K
Nov 27, 2007
Washington
is this on the 6.9 ski? possible to get a pic of this mod?

Whatever the normal xp ski was for 08,09,2010. I flipped ours right for left which also helps because then the thin edge is out. then cut a straight line from about the back of the spindle to the outside back end of the rib and off the end of the tail. Make sense? It's really the only line that is logical for cutting that corner off while leaving the structure. You will only cut a flattish piece off. No ribs if I remember right. I used a skil saw and then kind of melted the edge with a plumbing torch so that the blade marks are gone. Besides looking better plastic can crack where there is a notch (stress riser).

Jeb

Premium Features