• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important >>> Ski-Doo Summit 850 TURBO OEM at long last!!!!!!

Post number 92 has been selected as best answered.

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
The difference is the MPI, Silber or Boondocker turbos do not have (True) 850 bottom end. Us tuners like to say that there is (Virtually) no lag on my aftermarket turbo kit. What Skidoo did was they erased (Virtually) from the sentence.

The new turbo will be more fun for all riders but will benefit the technical riders that ride hard the most.

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
Keep all the ride reports coming! I fixed the only issue I had with the sled by grabbing a shorty shield off another sled in the showroom. Now I have no reason not to buy one...
IMG_3846.jpg

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
I just pulled it off another sled and set it on the hood. It looks relatively simple to drill and install the grommets there is plenty of space to move it around on the top to determine the ideal location to drill.... although I have not verified how much clearance there is on the underside.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I don’t know how much the turbo shares with the expert, but I was a smidge disapointed to not find the expert shocks on it!?
And the shock calibration does seam stiff compared to my 17
On another note, the adjustable limiter strap dial looks a little cheesy and I’m sure once in the snow it’s stuck where you set it? I’m gonna try it on the loose setting for now.
Will have her out Sunday I’ll try to post up ride impressions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I don’t know how much the turbo shares with the expert, but I was a smidge disapointed to not find the expert shocks on it!?
And the shock calibration does seam stiff compared to my 17
On another note, the adjustable limiter strap dial looks a little cheesy and I’m sure once in the snow it’s stuck where you set it? I’m gonna try it on the loose setting for now.
Will have her out Sunday I’ll try to post up ride impressions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the front shocks are the expert kashima coated shocks, are the rear shocks not the same?

Maybe the rears are just summit X shocks?

Does the pre load collar on the front track shock spin on threads or is it the 3 position collar like the SP?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
It looks like the front shocks are the expert kashima coated shocks, are the rear shocks not the same?

Maybe the rears are just summit X shocks?

Does the pre load collar on the front track shock spin on threads or is it the 3 position collar like the SP?
They didn’t use the same rear shocks because they wanted to save weight, and didn’t want a reservoir on the shock. At least that’s what they said.

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2011
washington
too lazy to upload the videos to youtube but we got to demo the 850T on friday and took it to one of our favorite climbing spots at about 7900' in elevation. we put it up against my expert and my buddys 2020 SP - all with 165 tracks and the NA sleds ran out of track speed before we could crest the top but the 850T was standing on end as it easily made it.

When doing some more technical tree lines the confidence the 850T gives you is unbelievable. Everywhere I used to look and second guess myself was where I now point the sled and it does my bidding.

I had a hard time keeping the smile off my face everytime I got to ride it. It reminded me of my love for the sport and I will definitely be anxiously awaiting the snowcheck period while making peace with parting ways with my expert!

S
Nov 6, 2008
Hoping they come out with a can that will drop some weight without voiding the warranty. Not sure how the detection would work for the muffler though? Seems reasonable to take it off for regular maintenance or just checking everything is all good under the hood.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I Don’t think that reasonable maintenance type disassembly would be an issue. Their obvious concern would be owners and tuners modifying anything that would affect longevity of the engine.

In my experience BRP has been a fair manufacturer to deal with.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If you need to change an a -arm or work on chaincase the exhaust comes off..? Cant see how that would void warranty...ecm yes of course

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007

Wow

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
is anyone finding a dealer that will deal on them? my dealer will let his go for almost a grand off retail but I really want to wait to see what snowcheck has to offer

Premium Features