• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sidekick 850 on pump gas

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Easy question .. can the sidekick be tuned for lower psi to run pump gas on the stock head at 4-7000 ft ?

i've been doing some research but that haven't found a definitive answer to that ... I've read a few people going back to stock head due to losing bottom end .. I definitely do not want to bother with race fuel.. we get 94 octane no ethanol easily around here

cheers

R
Jan 21, 2018
I rode a friends 2020 850 axys sidekick that ran on pump gas. We were around 10,000 feet. Stock head. Bottom end wasn’t super impressive but didn’t bog. Top end was exactly what you would want out of a turbo. 94 no ethanol is probably pretty close to what guys Mixing av gas 30/70 around here. 100ll/91 ethanol. I would think you would be fine but I’m no expert. Not sure what psi, but sidekick adjusts to make a certain horsepower so boost pounds changes all day long.
Personally I’m looking at force turbos. His customer service is great, and he has been doing turbo sleds for a long long time. Quality is top notch and lots of adjustment available. Not a big company but I think that is a good thing.

Premium Features