• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Side panel stiff clips, solution

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
This is a small thing, but an easy fix. My side panel clips became extremely difficult to turn to remove the panels in cold weather. Sprayed some silicone spray (aerosol type) in between the plastic clip and the rubber washer by prying out on the clip slightly and spraying some in there. Also sprayed some in from the bottom side where the “L” shape of the clip is. This has made panel removal, especially when cold, much easier. The clips turn with ease now. I know it’s a small thing, and some may not have an issue with this, but I figured I’d share in case it might make someone’s life a little easier.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have been turning them with a spring puller. (Sticking it through the hole)

After beating up my fingers in the cold I had enough.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Nice tip, I'm going to give that a go (y)

I've resorted to pliers many times after busting my fingers, a real PITA!

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
maybe try coconut oil. that is what the gd docs say to use.I do know it does work great. who new the med advice you could get here. its all natural ya know.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
That is a great idea and it’s not a super small thing. I feel like they’re going to break when I open them when it’s really cold. The engine heat does make them easier to open, but not when its really cold.

Apparently, Polaris has some new rubber parts coming out to make them easier open also. Some Polaris ambassador on Facebook said they’re coming out, but he’s not able to tell anybody the actual part number until they say he can. Oh how high and mighty he is.????

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
im thinking the guy who invented Zeus fasteners was assasinated. Dumbest invention ever. Haha

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Glad to hear I’m not the only one. I was feeling like a PAB pulling out pliers occasionally!

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
I took my 1" belt hand held air sander and just shaved the grey rubber around the clip a bit and now the tabs open and close pretty easy and still hold snug so as to not rattle or vibrate.

Premium Features