• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR860 vs RK860

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
I just realized he rides an Assault. You know, one of those real mountain sleds for those "freerider" guys. He MUST know what he's talking about. Turboturdie, you're the man. Please send us some big air pics of you on your Assault. Us mortals would love to see you trenching in half way up a climb, digging out, and hitting the booter at the bottom on your way down:face-icon-small-hapDo you have a poster of Burandt on a Poo yet?:rolleyes:

D
Oct 13, 2008
I wonder just how many different head combo's TurdoJamie has tried. On a dyno or not. I will guarentee you BJ and Kelsey have tried a pile of them. If he has not tried them himself how can he say that the head that Ski-doo uses "NOW" is the best one made. I guess the deffinition of "NOW" can be changed just like Clinton changed the deffinition of "IS". BJ you know this idiot is going to "NOW" tell you that if they have been using it that long it must be the best one out there. I wonder if Turdo has the dyno sheets to back that one up. Turdo I hope you are still in school because if you are old enough not to be and are still this stupid you got screwed without the happy ending. "NOW" don't go away mad just go away.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
i said one thing once on a forum and i got razed on the hill cuz it spread around lol. how do people not kick the Sh** out of you in person. probly because you dont actually ride

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Over 10,000 page views and 268 replies and my original question never got answered. BJ and kelsey have a business arrangement so they will not publicly discuss each others product for fear that they will upset the apple cart(business arrangement).

I simply wanted to know how the extra HP was being generated (if real), if you bother to read all 268 posts neither one ever answer the question?

I for one was happy when this thread was closed, it had turned into a bickerfest and no real info was being disclosed.

I do not want to hear one more word from TJ or BJ or anyone else Bickering!!!!

I started this thread, answer the question or say nothing at all and let this thread die!

I am sick and tired of internet bickering!

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The extra horsepower generated is due to Rk Tek spinning at a higher rpm.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Over 10,000 page views and 268 replies and my original question never got answered. BJ and kelsey have a business arrangement so they will not publicly discuss each others product for fear that they will upset the apple cart(business arrangement).

I simply wanted to know how the extra HP was being generated (if real), if you bother to read all 268 posts neither one ever answer the question?

I for one was happy when this thread was closed, it had turned into a bickerfest and no real info was being disclosed.

I do not want to hear one more word from TJ or BJ or anyone else Bickering!!!!

I started this thread, answer the question or say nothing at all and let this thread die!

I am sick and tired of internet bickering!

Your kidding right??...there is only one bickerer (maybe 2 of ya add OT)...and if he knew half of what he claims I would engage him in a civil conversation about motor mods...

I have done NOTHING but offer facts/customer testimonials/info to help you make a decision...the HP difference is what we want to claim...I keep mine at 172 cuz its what it does with ALL things being stock and pump gas safe jetting on MY dyno...if you want a 180 hp number just call...BJ

Last edited:
N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
No BJ, it takes 2 to bicker, each time he threw out his line you bit back. There are only 2 ways to win a fight, stomp your opponent into the ground and never let them get up to fight you again, or walk away and ignore them. The first option is never a real option here on the net, so the only option when someone wants to fight here on the web is IGNORE them.

As for the HP comparison, I suspect you might have called Kelseys 180HP claim BS(or made comments about how you thought he was arriving at that number) if you didn't have a business relationship with him. As it is I think you both tippie toe around each other. However, I get the reasoning behind it(it makes good business sense for both of you), and I don't even condemn it very much, but it sure makes it hard to get info that is clear and definitive.

As HP numbers can be massaged in any number of ways I have given up trying to find any way to compare performance other than identical side by side sleds in the same conditions.

This string has convinced me that HP numbers absent side by side comparison don't mean much. What I had hoped for was a simple one paragraph response from each of you saying I do XYZ to get this result and my friendly competitor does this and gets this result because of THIS difference. I wanted to Know what each of you were doing different?

Last edited:

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
bb

i am waiting on my bb to get back to me. i talked to several people who run both rkt and bj. all very happy, i have talked to guys with the same sled set up and they both run to close to call, is it possible one guys HP numbers and a few low and the other guys hp number is a few high i dont know, all i know is they run neck and neck. and everyone i talk to is very happy with bb, it even sounds like daveb motor is running much better and it sounds like thanks to bj . you cant find nicer guys to help you . trust them there motors make HP i cant tell a few HP but my butt dyno is not the newest out there its getting old.

giddyup

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
No BJ, it takes 2 to bicker, each time he threw out his line you bit back. There are only 2 ways to win a fight, stomp your opponent into the ground and never let them get up to fight you again, or walk away and ignore them. The first option is never a real option here on the net, so the only option when someone wants to fight here on the web is IGNORE them.

BJ- With all DOO respect...TJ calling me names/bad mouthing SHR with NO basis for anything isnt "throwing a line"...and my answers (with a hint of sarcarsm I admit...;)) were factual, accurate and in everyones best interest...my opponant couldnt say that about 1 post..

As for the HP comparison, I suspect you might have called Kelseys 180HP claim BS(or made comments about how you thought he was arriving at that number) if you didn't have a business relationship with him. As it is I think you both tippie toe around each other. However, I get the reasoning behind it(it makes good business sense for both of you), and I don't even condemn it very much, but it sure makes it hard to get info that is clear and definitive.

BJ- I never ?? RKT numbers (some other shops,...YUP)...there his numbers (his porting, domes, timing, base gasket, valve cut, piston cut) from his R/D...my numbers are from my dyno...if I dynod on his and his on mine who knows...dynos #'s can/are different...

As HP numbers can be massaged in any number of ways I have given up trying to find any way to compare performance other than identical side by side sleds in the same conditions.

BJ- I would look at the guys who run with/beat PGTM8's for 860HP vs a dyno sheet I did back in June...

This string has convinced me that HP numbers absent side by side comparison don't mean much. What I had hoped for was a simple one paragraph response from each of you saying I do XYZ to get this result and my friendly competitor does this and gets this result because of THIS difference. I wanted to Know what each of you were doing different?

I tried and so did Kelsey...but one guy kept messing up a good thread...I have been around for 15 years (thats pre-internet !!) and my work/customer service/advice speaks for itself...-BJ

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT

In the line of work we do there are many competitors. I go to lunch and am friends with nearly all of them. Sled buddies with one of them. We call each other when we need help and try to not step on each others toes.
Nothing wrong with BJ and Kelsey having a good relationship and respect for each other.
Some on here just complain about bickering at the same time all they want is to see rktek and BJ have a knock down drag out post war.

PS Leave my hero Chris Burandt out of this. :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features