• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Short SSI,SLP,RSI review

X
Jan 27, 2008
Minnesota
Stock 2012 m-8 153. Ordered SSI mountain clutch kit on a Friday got it the next day. Install was cake, also added Thunder Products Go Rings. Now this is a high elevation kit, but i tested at about 900 ft so i added 2 magnets to the tip so it has 2-1-3 heal to tip. Engagement is a little high at 4200 but smooth as silk. Pin it rpm's go to 8200 then back off to 8050 and watch the speedo climb. Also added SLP can and temp sensor relocate. No bog,spit, blubber nothing but instant throttle response. Nice sound at idle, sounds stock while riding. SLP deflection adjuster is growing on me after using it to adjust, but installing the belt the first time was a pina, so jury is still out on that. The RSI telescoping delete is great, but the bolt is junk bought a stainless one. The 5" riser is perfect hight but had to chase the threads on both ends. For $69 it should have cleaner threads. Grips and heaters are awesome. Headed to Alpine in Feb so I'll update after riding at higher elevation.

Premium Features