• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shooting/Hunters Do you tell your co-workers you shoot?

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I work at a Mine in Colorado. What do you think? LOL

3/4 of the Mill is in the Trap League, we shoot skeet and the company allows employees to hunt elk in the non industrial property. Approx. 7500 acres.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i have never had a job yet but i couldn't ever imagine that guns could be an issue. so i guess they wouldn't like to see the blood running down my tail gate all fall long then either

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
I keep a few guns at my office :bounce:
Photo_120908_001.jpg

Plus we reload on the weekends

Photo_120908_006.jpg

But I own the joint :face-icon-small-ton

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
I should also add that i think it would rely heavily on the field/profession you are in. For me i am in a mental health center doing IT and it is probably different from someone who works at a car dealership (for example).

I too work in a mental health center and my clients love to hear my hunting stories as they are not allowed to own guns. My colleagues utilize my knowledge at time to evaluate volatile situations where weapons are involved.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I was sitting here reading some more replies and it dawned on me that we had a seminar for all employees here several months ago on what to look for for work place violence. One of the things they said was if someone spent a lot of time talking about guns that you were to report it to mgmnt right away. Because that is a sure sign that there is a possibility that that person may come unhinged or something like that. I spent a lot of that seminar laughing to myself.
Man I think I need to find a new job! I get more depressed everytime I think about all the policies they keep coming up with. Oh wait! I didn't say depressed because that would be a sign of possible upcoming violence also.:laser::fencing::brick::fish:

Premium Features