• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sell whole chassis or part out?

T
I have a 2011 pro assault 800 that the motor was destroyed. The chassis and all components are like new, but I've never had to sell a sled without a motor. I'm looking for advice from those of you that have parted a sled out. Is it better to sell the unit as a whole, or is it worth the time of parting out? Any thought would be appreciated.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Taking everything apart isnt the problem, thats easy. The PITA part is listing everything, replying to offers, collecting the money and then taking the time to pack and ship everything. It just comes down to Time vs Money, How much time do you want to take to get more money for the parts. Eric

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
Taking everything apart isnt the problem, thats easy. The PITA part is listing everything, replying to offers, collecting the money and then taking the time to pack and ship everything. It just comes down to Time vs Money, How much time do you want to take to get more money for the parts. Eric

I agree. Never done a complete part out, but I've sold a few parts here and there and usually regret doing it for all the hassle it turns into. Just my two pennies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
IDK? I have sold 2 rolling chassis and parted one out. Having said that, they were all Edge chassis. If things are still equal in the snomo world I would sell them as rollers. Identify what kind of money you want for each major component (e.g., track, shocks, a arms, rear skid, seat, etc., etc.) I would think you would be in the money between 2,200 - 3,000 if the chassis is in as good a shape as you say it is. I have always gotten more for rollers than parts.

If you need cash now, start unbolting parts and listing them and hit the swap-meets. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!!!

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
If I was you I would try and find someone looking for a complete chassis for a project. Otherwise you gotta deal with ^what they said and getting low balled on everything 5x over.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
What ballpark figures are you thinking you'd pull in either way?

You may be in good shape yet, to either find an engine, or scrounge parts to build one. Then obviously sell it running. Thats what i would be doing, without a doubt.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I view it a little differently.

If I were buying a roller, I would like it as complete as possible so I could source an engine and any other various parts. I would be pricing the roller chassis, engine, other parts to come up with a finished price. This price would have to be cheaper than what I could buy a complete sled for, if not a little less to offset my time to run all the parts down and install.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND

This pretty much nails it!!! What is your time worth and what are you willing to do and put up with????

Premium Features