• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley or swan range montana guys advice needed

P
Dec 15, 2018
So I got over excited and I rented the lupine yurt up in the southern swan range for three days next week. Iam a new rider and a buddy talked me into it. Anyway the trail head starts at cottonwood lakes trailhead . The forecast isn't great and iam wondering too if there's snow down low on trail too? I was going to pull a sled and take my wife and kid and try and pull or double two friends next day. Well now iam thinking I better get some intel cause iam not feeling to confident. Its a 11 mile forest service road that gets traveled so it can't be that bad but worried Anyway. Thanks if you know anything about it or the areas conditions!

P
Dec 15, 2018
Yaha!! No we have two snowmobiles ! Kid sits in front of me and I have a big sled but I've never pulled it yet lol. Wish I could stick my wife back there then fling it off some ****e! Like a cliff! Or into outer space lol

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The snow hasn't burnt out of the valley yet. You may get a little patchy snow on the takeoff but shouldnt be an issue honestly. Is this the Yurt going up to Morell Peak/lookout?

P
Dec 15, 2018
On the map it shows it northeast of Morrell peak. I dunno if its the same road/trail but yes they have two different yurts up there. Montana yurts is their site. I actually canceled and was surprised they refunded me . I called flathead avalanche and theirs a guide ranch there too I called and both said it was getting marginal. Toms resort no macks!? Anyway I got nervous for the kids and our skiing friends bailed so we canceled. Next year. Bad news is they raised their rates so you need a big group to make it less expensive. Thank you for responding though!

Premium Features